upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The Hollywood labor strike could throw a wrinkle into the situation, but I agree Warner is gonna pump out a new Barbie movie by 2027 at the latest. 

I would expect something in 2025 tbh if not for the strike. But yeah, agree 2027 at absolute latest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Everything is more expensive in Canada. What's fucking new. But I honestly did not know variable pricing movie tickets were a thing.

5 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

Everything is more expensive in Canada. What's fucking new. But I honestly did not know variable pricing movie tickets were a thing.

Yeah like I imagine prices might vary but I just lol’d at the idea of dynamic pricing for movie theaters.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah like I imagine prices might vary but I just lol’d at the idea of dynamic pricing for movie theaters.

Makes sense to be honest. They charge more for a brand new rental compared to a rental of a 10+ year old movie. Same thing for buying movies, usually the newest ones are more expensive. 

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Makes sense to be honest. They charge more for a brand new rental compared to a rental of a 10+ year old movie. Same thing for buying movies, usually the newest ones are more expensive. 

I mean it’s hardly offensive, it’s not like a big price hike or anything. I just find it hilarious the uberfication of it. As long as consumers are aware, I’m fine with the practice and it could help movie theaters.

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I bet we get Nolan's next movie before a Barbie 2. Or WB can just release it at the same time again..

I think he said in some interview that's he's not starting anything because of the strike, but then again, he shot Oppenheimer in 57 days. If he wants, he could probably get something started quick.

9 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

Nolan has had a film out every 2 to 3 years since 1998 pretty remarkable he can crank out films like that

He has been quite prolific, yes. And the quality never dips. I will die on the hill that Tenet is an underrated film and that JWD is one of the best lead men that Nolan ever had. It’s a stealth Black James Bond film with time travel I never knew I needed.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

I wonder what percentage admissions The Marvels will be at compared to Endgame.

probably 20%. 

MCU has gone down recently but hey lets compare with Marvels when they make a solo film about Spider, titled Spider.

Edited by across the Jat verse

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Very early in the process. When they throw a ton of money at her, she might not be able to turn it down. It’s happened before where directors or actors said they were “done” with a franchise, and then changed their mind. Money talks! Lol

Won't happen. First movie seems her definitive visione on the Barbie phenomenon. If something she will only write It and maybe produce It.  

Edited by vale9001

52 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

@M37 pls tell me Oppy still going 330+

Nothing has changed my opinion there, but Wednesday is the daily number that really matters (for both). Looking for ~40% retention from Saturday, or $10M+

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s been a thing since No Way Home, got press in US for Batman … and that’s about it. But all the major chains are doing it

The fact that audiences haven’t really complained - and many not even noticed! - is IMO proof that it’s a cost they’re willing to bear for high demand, see it right away films (and frankly, there should be more of it like bumping the weekend price and dropping the weekday rate or for longer running films)

1 minute ago, M37 said:

It’s been a thing since No Way Home, got press in US for Batman … and that’s about it. But all the major chains are doing it

The fact that audiences haven’t really complained - and many not even noticed! - is IMO proof that it’s a cost they’re willing to bear for high demand, see it right away films (and frankly, there should be more of it like bumping the weekend price and dropping the weekday rate or for longer running films)

I mean it’s not like I’m keeping count on how much I pay for my movie tickets either, all I can remember is that IMAX is a bit more expensive than the rest. Who knows, it might be happening here too. Just the idea of dynamic pricing like Uber wasn’t something I was expecting to see today.