upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

WOW. $23,5 on wednesday is HUGE for Barbie. It will finish its first week with $258,5 and even being conservative it will have a huge second weekend +$85

Oppenheimer is also having great weekdays. It will finish the week with $127,5 and is headed for a +$40 second weekend.

54 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yeah, I can definitely see it being a horror movie and it would be relatively easy I think.

Make it Uno, but the game that they play in the movie is the original game that the popular version is based on - kind of a Grimms' Fairy Tale type situation.  The decks are haunted and everyone that plays is cursed and have to get rid of all their cards in like 24 hours or they die.  But they can't just like throw them all away, they have to play them/use them somehow. 

But yes, they have to say "Uno" or they die immediately lol.

"It Follows: Uno"

I can see Magic 8 Ball being a good horror movie. Whatever the 8 Ball says will happen happens and the consequences that has on the world.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I can see Magic 8 Ball being a good horror movie. Whatever the 8 Ball says will happen happens and the consequences that has on the world.

I’m hoping more of a comedy with the same premise but with hilarious consequences instead.

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Closest on each gets a free month of Gold tier (no ads, more likes, etc.).

Must quote this post so it's easy to keep track!

Barbie: $101.30

Oppenheimer: $49.07

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Magic 8 ball movie but it's Saw and the 8 Ball is actually Jigsaw.

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Closest on each gets a free month of Gold tier (no ads, more likes, etc.).

Must quote this post so it's easy to keep track!

Oops, a bit late it seems, but in case it still counts:

Barbie: 100.5

Opp: 52.5

• Like 1

Fascinating stuff.  Warner Bros. is still the best when they want to be. 

Selling ‘Barbie’: Inside the Marketing Phenomenon - The Ringer

Edit:  I should note here that Warner Bros. Studio absolutely took on the bulk of the marketing campaign.  They explain it here.  Mattel added some things of course but it was nearly all the studio's marketing division. 

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 1

All your plots about Mattel movies are interesting. 

It's a start of a new era?.

If you think about the first movies. 

Iron man 585M WW 

Barbie 1B+ WW

The Avengers of Mattel Is when 500M OW It's happening. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah pretty pathetic for Paramount to just throw their hands in the air and say we give up making original animated films. Citing Elemental as an example of why is poor as well.

It's also pretty bold for a company that's just started to crawl it's way back from complete irrelevance

• Like 1