Early shows -  3423/87389 75638.75 360 shows

Previews - 15448/698231 296409.21 3535 shows

Friday - 10472/1060005 189303.82 5309 shows

1 minute ago, Grand Cine said:

Day One : Beetlejuice 2 MTC1

Early shows -  3423/87389 75638.75 360 shows

Previews - 15448/698231 296409.21 3535 shows

Friday - 10472/1060005 189303.82 5309 shows

Joker would be bigger than that for sure. But that is a low benchmark for Joker. 

46 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Only comp would be Batman. But that movie started with uber strong sales for early shows (selling out many as soon it started) and above average to good on OD sales for Thursday. Plus release for Batman was way bigger. You could add Dune 2 comps but even that had significant early show sales. This has to be among the few "big" openers without any early shows. 

FYI Batman started with 65K sales for thursday and it had already sold close to 50K for early shows by then as well. If I have to make a guess Joker 2 would be lucky to hit 25K at MTC1 OD sales. Really bad IMO. 

There’s IMAX shows on the Monday of release

• Like 1

The Substance, counted today for Thursday, September 19, had 40 sold tickets with shows in 3 of "my" 7 theaters (in the AMC in Miami, Michigan and LA). 10 days left

Because this isn't very telling, I added two other theaters of a similar size - the AMC Barton Creek Square 14 in Texas and the AMC Bay Street 16 in San Francisco. In these theaters it had already 73 sold tickets. 

Loose comps (all movies counted on Monday of the release week for Thursday = The Substance has 7 days left and always with shows in 6 or 7 theaters) Thanksgiving (1M from previews) had 184 sold tickets, 

The Invitation (775k) had 96, 

Crawdads (2.3M) had 123, 

Saw X (2M) had 400,

M3gan (2.75M) had 274

and Prey for the Devil (660k) had 115 sold tickets. 

Quite nice presales so far. I wonder how many people have already heard about this movie (I discovered it this afternoon because of the thread here and also think that the trailer is very interesting).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Only comp would be Batman. But that movie started with uber strong sales for early shows (selling out many as soon it started) and above average to good on OD sales for Thursday. Plus release for Batman was way bigger. You could add Dune 2 comps but even that had significant early show sales. This has to be among the few "big" openers without any early shows. 

FYI Batman started with 65K sales for thursday and it had already sold close to 50K for early shows by then as well. If I have to make a guess Joker 2 would be lucky to hit 25K at MTC1 OD sales. Really bad IMO. 

Literally not shocking at all. Never understood why people thought $100M OW was locked 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually quite glad you guys brought up The Batman as a comp for Joker 2

I distinctly remember back then that I wanted to buy tickets for The Batman the day they went on sale (Feburary 10, 2022) to be ahead of the curve because I wanted to get good seats (I didn't want to find myself in a No Way Home situation). I then bought them for the Friday the movie opened and I remember so many more tickets being sold for The Batman either on Friday or its Thursday compared to Joker 2 right now. 

Yeah, it's selling tickets, but not nearly as much as I expected right now. We still have a full day to get through, but even though I didn't track The Batman back two years ago, I can safely say that it was selling a lot faster than Joker 2 on its first day. 

Like @TheFlatLannister just said, $100M (as much as we all want it to hit it) is not a 100% guarantee. Heck, we might've been saying the same thing even if it didn't premiere at Venice.

Edited by Ryan C
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, filmpalace said:

Speak No Evil T-4

Tickets sold: 35 (+3)

Theatres: 2

Showtimes: 8

Mcavoy will start making appearances on late night talkshows starting tomorrow. There will also be a lot of advance screenings tomorrow. Hoping that moves the needle a bit in terms of presales.

Speak No Evil T-3

Tickets sold: 51 (+16)

Growth: 46%

Theatres: 2

Showtimes: 8

Better day than yesterday. I'm seeing the movie tomorrow, so my T-2 update will be a bit later. Review embargo also lifts tomorrow btw.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Joker 2 MTC1

Early IMAX shows(9/30) - 9751/52243 213047.47 175 shows

Previews - 15657/674515 320861.81 3464 shows

While its not a good comp, its Day 1 will be worse than Marvels. Joker 2 wont come close to 1st movie OW.  

I'm sorry, what?????

Edited by Maggie
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Joker 2 MTC1

Early IMAX shows(9/30) - 9751/52243 213047.47 175 shows

Previews - 15657/674515 320861.81 3464 shows

While its not a good comp, its Day 1 will be worse than Marvels. Joker 2 wont come close to 1st movie OW.  

I'm really shocked, i hope it doesn't work like a superhero movie because clearly if the movie and Superman don't make good numbers , it's finish for DC movies (unless The Batman 2).

• Sad 1

If this somehow pulls Aquaman 2/The Marvels, I'd expect a similar thing from The Batman 2, at the very least it won't increase from the first one. But since I don't think it's gonna collapse this hard even in nightmare scenario, I'd prefer to wait and see how it holds during pre-sales period. As far as I understand its first day is better than Bettlejuice one? 

• Knock It Off 1