Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

The first time I saw EEAAO I thought it was literally 10/10 perfect... Until the moment the "big bad" showed up and started doing all the ridiculous shit, and then the film was still good but pushed all the insanity a bit too far for me to enjoy it as much. Before that I thought it had balanced it perfectly. Afterwards some parts were very funny but it was very hit or miss with me. I understood that pushing things so far was kind of the point the film, trying to showcase how everything was "pointless" on such an infinite scale regardless of how much sense it made to us, but I couldn't see passed all the especially ridiculous bits.

After a second rewatch I found the later stuff a lot better tho for some reason. Third rewatch got even better too.

Overall was 9.5/10 for me, I still think there was a couple moments the directors took it a little too over the top for me, but definitely one of the best movies of the decade.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Mario had zero competition for 4 weeks, which is insane nowadays but it crashed hard with real competition with GOTG3 in its 5th weekend.

Paramount gave away so much free real estate only to stick all their films in the worst release dates possible 🤡

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

Thid is kind of a weird category but whwre does Oppenehiemer rank in movies with nudity?

Nudity is almost non-existent outside of R-rated movies where the film is currently #12. However, I don't think all of those above it have nudity so it probably ranks higher than that.

Just now, LonePirate said:

Nudity is almost non-existent outside of R-rated movies where the film is currently #12. However, I don't think all of those above it have nudity so it probably ranks higher than that.

Because i know joker and the deadpools dont have nudity (at least i dont think they do outside of maybe some asscheeks of ryan reynolds or something), but doesnt Titanic have nudity? I havent even seen it before.

41 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Titanic has "art" which is how Jimmy got away with a PG-13 rating. Lol

I think I was maybe less than 10 years old back then. At the time I was so shy when I watched that part LOL 

52 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Titanic has "art" which is how Jimmy got away with a PG-13 rating. Lol

The Nudity is also of the "blink and you will miss it" variety, which is not the case with the nudity in "Oppenheimer".

As to this weekend, mildley surprised that Meg 2 beat out Ninja Turtles.

If the weekend drops never changed from last weekend, here are the projected domestic totals:

Barbie - $583M (I know alot of folks have insanely high final projections for Barbie but I think it'll close lower than many think....$600M is very hard to achieve...not saying it won't make it to that milestone but it will be more difficult than many may have predicted even with summer weekdays)

Oppenheimer - $306M

Sound of Freedom - $182M

Mission Impossible 6 - $169M

Indy 5 - $173M

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

So is $300m for Little Mermaid sunk?

There are no Disney movies that TLM can be double featured to between now and D+ release, which is 2 days after Labor Day.

If Disney really wants 300 they have to do a random expansion.

Just now, Mojoguy said:

There are no Disney movies that TLM can be double featured to between now and D+ release, which is 2 days after Labor Day.

If Disney really wants 300 they have to do a random expansion.

Didn't they recently announce a sing-along version?