Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

2 hours ago, M37 said:

Barbenheimer will climb past Endgame with Friday's numbers, leaving only TFA ahead of it

p0JW5Mc.png

Even a very average -40% weekly holding rate from here would add another $200M to the current $738M combined tally, making passing TFA's $936.66M far more likely than not, so its really just a question of how close to a billion domestic it can climb

You've kind of lost me here. Why are we taking the grosses of two movies, combining them together, and putting it up against a single movie? I mean I know it's supposed to be for fun and everything but that seems pretty silly to me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

You've kind of lost me here. Why are we taking the grosses of two movies, combining them together, and putting it up against a single movie? I mean I know it's supposed to be for fun and everything but that seems pretty silly to me.

Yeah I don’t really understand those posts. Maybe the first two weeks but we’re like a month out from the films coming out.

• Like 1

Barbenheimer became an event and still people are in the Mood "i have seen One, i have to see the other". Yesterday i was at dinner with my two male friends and they talk about how Opp It's coming here in 2 weeks and one said "i didn't watch Barbie yet, maybe i Will go this weekend".

So It's fun to see how both are doing combined. Maybe makes no sense to make comparisons with other movies but to still counting how they are doing together It's cool.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's a shame all these vampire movies bombing lately will likely kill Chloe Zhao's Dracula movie, but it is what it is.

Ehh, that's like saying vampire movies bombing was gonna kill Nosferatu 2024 (2025??), it pretty much only killed renfield 2 and demeter 2 so far

7 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Speaking of flop ass cruises, did y'all like the Poseidon remake?

Watched it the other night. Mike Vogel & Josh Lucas were very handsome.

Loved seeing a girlie from The Real World having a pretty big role in it.

Kurt Russell's drowning scene haunts me to this day

• Like 1