147 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Avengers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Well, it wasn't like Man of Steel in which Metropolis is totally leveled and Superman doesn't seem to pay much attention. Avengers actually bothered to show some of the aftermath to the New York battle, both for the Avengers and the citizens. 

• Like 1

My biggest gripe about the Avengers was that Loki just never seems treating to me. I like him, but at the same time think he is a poor villain. 

His best scene in the movie is as a punch line for Hulk Smash. He is never a real threat. That's the biggest problem with the villains in all of the Marvel films so far. Hopefully they can improve on that.

• Like 2

His best scene in the movie is as a punch line for Hulk Smash. He is never a real threat. That's the biggest problem with the villains in all of the Marvel films so far. Hopefully they can improve on that.

I agree with everything you said.

Red Skull could have been but they wasted him! Hugo Weaving played him so good too, what a shame. 

Loki isn't meant to be threatening. He's one of those villains that people love, like Spike on Buffy or Sylar on Heroes. Whedon can do both kinds of villains (lovable rogues and irredeemable bastards) really well. I think Thanos will be the one of the latter kind of villains, and hence a much bigger threat.

• Like 1

I have never been so bored during a final "climactic" fight scene in my life.  All I saw was Loki making Geico a fortune.  It's no wonder no one took the fight seriously, it never feels like there was any threat of human casualties.

Lol, please your marvel hate is boring us all. It's ok to like Nolans movies aswell as others. It's funny how you're insulting this movies finale yet TDKR practically mimicked it.
  • Like 1

My biggest gripe about the Avengers was that Loki just never seems treating to me. I like him, but at the same time think he is a poor villain.

Yeah he's too likeable to be a villian. We are suppose to hate him but we are all hoping he becomes one of the good guys.

So apparently I was the only one that had a problem with that Hulk smash scene. I hate it with passion because it's so... how do I put this: disrespectful. You have this interesting character (Loki) and then you have this completely blank, stupid and annoying character (Hulk). I don't get why everyone likes that. It's a movie were it's way easier to root for the villain because of how uninteresting the heroes are (IM aside).

So apparently I was the only one that had a problem with that Hulk smash scene. I hate it with passion because it's so... how do I put this: disrespectful. You have this interesting character (Loki) and then you have this completely blank, stupid and annoying character (Hulk). I don't get why everyone likes that. It's a movie were it's way easier to root for the villain because of how uninteresting the heroes are (IM aside).

I don't like that scene as well. It's funny but I don't like it. It kinda undermined the villain (not as bad as what happened to Ronan though)

• Like 1

Loki wasn't a strong character in this film though. I didn't feel he was properly developed until T:TDW. I don't care for Rufflo's Banner/Hulk either.

I don't like that scene as well. It's funny but I don't like it. It kinda undermined the villain (not as bad as what happened to Ronan though)

Are you referring to the dance off scene? That was truly wonderful. Still the best movie scene from any film this year.

The Hulk smash scene worked perfectly because the whole premise of Loki's development in the MCU is that in the beginning he has an incredibly inflated opinion of himself and his abilities, so he thinks he can intimidate and monologue any hero into submission, and then he gets Hulk smashed because of his guard being down, his underestimating of Hulk, and his overestimating of his own powers.

His imprisonment in Asgard then gives him plenty of time to reflect on his mistakes and hone his key strengths, allowing him to fake his death and in some way take over Asgard unnoticed.

Multi-film character growth.

• Like 1