grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I suppose only the US. Not an exact science or ultimate measure but worldwide Beiber seems a lot higher than Taylor, though recently Swift ahead.
Screenshot-2023-10-14-at-21-51-58.png

You are looking at countries like Nigeria/Ecuador or Algeria. Who cares. Look at most of europe or down under or japan or china. Bieber is not even in the ballpark of Swift. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

For a while now. He doesn't have the die hard fanbase nor the hits from a decade ago.

Just look at the difference in box office for his first concert movie and the second one even though they were just like 2-3 years apart.

Yeah Google Trends also suggest that, though it seems overseas he is still better than Swift, not recently probably.

Screenshot-2023-10-14-at-21-54-25.png

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

You are looking at countries like Nigeria/Ecuador or Algeria. Who cares. Look at most of europe or down under or japan or china. Bieber is not even in the ballpark of Swift. 

There are only two three reds there. US and Australia and Philippines.

Though I guess the first one is really what matters.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I suppose only the US. Not an exact science or ultimate measure but worldwide Beiber seems a lot higher than Taylor, though recently Swift ahead.
Screenshot-2023-10-14-at-21-51-58.png

Nah, worldwide. You can look at the Spotify streaming numbers and see that even outside the US she beats him out by a large margin. 

3 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

Nah, worldwide. You can look at the Spotify streaming numbers and see that even outside the US she beats him out by a large margin. 

I am not gonna argue here really, because I don't really know much about American music industry. Just Beiber is among the few names I knew, Swift I only got to know may be 2 years ago.

"Friday now looks to be settling at an estimated $37.8M –that’s according to industry estimates this morning. AMC is calling Friday for Eras Tour at $39M."

Am I reading this right that AMC is fudging the numbers a little bit? If so we might get whatever Saturday/Sunday numbers are needed to beat Joker haha for the headlines.

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

PostTrak says that a majority of those who saw the pic bought their tickets in advance: 53% more than a week ago and another 20% in the last week. Walk-up business crowds were weighed at 27% yesterday.

This doesn't seem right really. I think more than 50% booked tickets in first 3 days, especially in AMC which barely moved after that.

Yesterday morning started at ~$29M in reported locs, and ended up around $31.5M with barely $2.5M in sales during the day 

Edit: Though I guess this $39M include $2.8M of Thursday which was basically sold on Wednesday and Thursday.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derpity said:

"Friday now looks to be settling at an estimated $37.8M –that’s according to industry estimates this morning. AMC is calling Friday for Eras Tour at $39M."

Am I reading this right that AMC is fudging the numbers a little bit? If so we might get whatever Saturday/Sunday numbers are needed to beat Joker haha for the headlines.

If the numbers aren't close they won't be able to fudge the numbers.

4 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Rihanna would clear both if she made music again. 

I don’t think so. Rihanna has always been a singles artist, she got hits for ages, but people never seemed to care for a whole body of work from her. That’s also the reason she has never established herself as a touring force. 

12 minutes ago, Giorno said:

Swift as a singular artist is 2nd only to MJ in terms of star power/commercial dominance imo

Yeah and only 33. She's on track to displace MJ and be the single most popular and celebrated musician in US history.

Crazy that she's favored to win her 4th Best Album award at the Grammys this year, which would put her in solo 1st place. If she does win it, that would be 4 of the 10 albums she has made were the best album released that year. That is mind-boggling and insane.