grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

35M +/- 2.5M for true Friday would be my take, again with minimal review of data at hand. Came it a little low last night w/ the 2.5M, with being a tough call given how irregularly skewed the MTC share has been compared to typical films.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wonder why. Maybe the previews were limited in some way.

Previews were practically last second (a little more than 24 hours warning, depending on time zone) when most of the hard core base had already bought tickets weeks in advance.

And, snark from Deadline Anthony notwithstanding, the official policy was no refunds/exchanges so who knows how many Swifties really knew they could try to get a change at the last second if they talked to the right person.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

To put it a different way, @cannastop, for about 95% of the pre-sale window the "preview" day was today.  At least in all but name (6pm Fri start time, all day Sat/Sun).  It was changed at the very last second to open up sales for 6pm Thur + 2pm to 6pm tonight.

No, today was never technically a preview day as COMSCORE data was accessible all day long (at least that's what I infer).

But functionally today was the equivalent of a Preview day before Chaos Agent Taylor Swift upended everything Wed afternoon.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2