grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

11 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Wonka? I don't see it.

Could be a big hit with gen z since Chalamet is one of their bigger actors and I think Paul King has developed a bit of a gen z/millennial following with Paddignton. This gives his quirky and charming style a mainstream platform. It should very easily be the family xmas choice on top of that, so I can see something pretty huge like a Night ay the Museum or Jumanji WTTJ style run. I can see King’s style also have viral potential with something on TT, and it will blow up huge if that happens. 

Edited by MovieMan89

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Could be a big hit with gen z since Chalamet is one of their bigger actors and I think Paul King has developed a bit of a gen z/millennial following with Paddignton. This gives his quirky and charming style a mainstream platform. It should very easily be the family xmas choice on top of that, so I can see something pretty huge like a Night ay the Museum or Jumanji WTTJ style run. I can see King’s style also have viral potential with something on TT, and it will blow up huge if that happens. 

If this movie delivers it should clean up. It looks like the perfect movie at the perfect time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

No one tell Scott that the normal moviegoing rules, such as no talking, no phones, etc. were suspended for this film.

Also, it's a concert. There's no narrative to follow. It's not even in the same realm.

Scott's the one terminally online.

he's still kind of right. See so much complaining on social media and reddit about long run times for films but there is no evidence audiences are turned off of movies because of them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

There are frequently posts on Twitter and elsewhere bashing "movies these days" being too long while praising 90 minute movies and wishing for more like that. Just this past week one of the Live Action Short winners was on Twitter "joking" about the length of Killers of the Flower Moon:

In fairness his short is probably the second worst short winner of the decade (right behind Skin).

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

I think X, 5, 6 are the fun ones. 1-4 are solid. 7-9 and the remake are tedious.

Friday always had the best looking girls too, out of all the slasher series.

They did! I woulda made a cunty final girl in the franchise.

Didn't love Jean Grey/Raven versus Jason?

13 hours ago, baumer said:

Because Jason kills without prejudice. I think that death in part 2 established him as a man without remorse and set the tone for the rest of the films.

13 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Part 3 is hilarious, right from the exploding opening title, you know exactly what you’re going to get. Watching this one with a likeminded crowd as part of a marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema in London a few years back is one of my favourite moviegoing memories. All of the dated 3D effects just add to it.

Hmm, maybe I needa rewatch it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It'll be the first time I'll ever get to see a Marty movie on the big screen

the Irishman is the only of his I've seen in the big screen 

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

So how come no one's talking about how a ticket to this film cost twice the average price of a normal movie?

By "no one" you mean, "why is no one still talking about it"?  Coz it got a lot of attention when it was announced and as part of the pre-sale ticket analysis leading up to the OW.

PS:  Beyoncé's is even more. 😉 

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

By "no one" you mean, "why is no one still talking about it"?  Coz it got a lot of attention when it was announced and as part of the pre-sale ticket analysis leading up to the OW.

PS:  Beyoncé's is even more. 😉 

I just saw. In my mind, this isn't a true $96 million box office. I mean, it is, technically, but...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I just saw. In my mind, this isn't a true $96 million box office. I mean, it is, technically, but...

I was thinking that . Someone should do an analysis of previous concert films if they had Taylor's ticket price and were released in 2023

Edited by Wandavisionlover0924
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

This is one of those debates which really can't be solved though.  Like I was mentioning to someone when all of this started (when it looked like it might threaten some serious box office numbers) what even are we measuring here?  Popularity?  Well thanks to ticket inflation that's already suspect. 

How much a segment of a fan base doesn't mind shelling out primo dollarinos to see something?  Again, kinda like, already suspect with all of the proliferation of alternate super duper PLF formats versus waiting for Discount Tuesday or a ton of other factors.

I mean, don't get me wrong:  The internet loves a Good Useless Debate That Can't Be Solved.  It's just... you're kinda late to the party on this one. :lol: 

I also tend to think this movie did SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than any other concert movie, ever, that it seems kinda — I don't know?  Churlish?  Yeah, let's go with "churlish" — to say "Well it's not really a 100m box office hit". 

Like, it's easily the biggest concert movie ever and injecting a huge amount of life into a pretty listless movie goin' environment.

Sometimes, that's enough. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

But, also, let's be real here.

If TET had threatened some Sacred Cows of the box office (or even looked funny at a couple of records), then, yeah.  A lot more people would be questioning it.  But it looks like it probably won't get any non-concert movie records (unless it does in fact pip by Joker and last I saw it wasn't), so again... What's the point?

No records being threatened = no fans overly worried about it = we can mostly just marvel at how amazaballs a concert movie did indeed do under the right circumstances.

That's how I personally read how that side discussion just... fizzled out.  For the most part at any rate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wandavisionlover0924 said:

I was thinking that . Someone should do an analysis of previous concert films if they had Taylor's ticket price and were released in 2023

BTS and Billie Eilish also had higher ticket prices for their recent concert films.