XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

On 12/21/2023 at 3:59 PM, SpiderByte said:

Quantumanias changing the ending, despite how rushed it was, wound up being a huge bullet dodged. It's be way harder to drop Kang, or at least Majors as Kang, if they hadnt.

Quantumania's initial ending has lil-Ant-Man/Stature forming the Young Avengers to rescue her dad, right? I think that's significantly easier to write off by just demoting Kang from "lord of the multi-versal Avengers crossover" to Teen Titans villain. 

But for the real world marketing campaign, that's pretty much in keeping with how plenty of post-credit teases actually get resolved.  

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

45 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Quantumania's initial ending has lil-Ant-Man/Stature forming the Young Avengers to rescue her dad, right? I think that's significantly easier to write off by just demoting Kang from "lord of the multi-versal Avengers crossover" to Teen Titans villain. 

It sounds like there were 3:

The ending they used in the movie

The ending that leaked via HOH device subtitle leaks, where they're trapped

A third ending where they're trapped and Kang escapes and MODOK betrays them

• Like 1

I think there are just a lot of ‘fan’ (content shovelers) making things up based on faint rumours/fan speculation.

Though I could see an exec looking at the demographics and saying “we need more kids watching! Where are all the kids!?” And thinking kids want to watch kids.

Young Avengers is crippled in this format anyway. They will all be adults in the universe before they even build them across multiple films to have a single Young Avengers film.

The other issue is as far as I can tell there are no young men for these young avengers so far? I think it’s more likely that over time there have just been characters with children being introduced and growing up so people have created this in their heads.

Kamala was not introduced for YA but for X Men ultimately it seems.

55 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Been less than a week and nobody is talking about Kang/Majors. Shows how little

of an impact he made 

Can’t remember if it was here or Reddit I raised this but after he got (over hyped) responses to his performance in Ant Man (he was legit good in Loki 1 though) his Loki 2 performance went unmentioned. Mostly because it was absolutely fucking awful and the worse thing an actor can do - utterly annoying. No one cares about him.

Wouldn't put stock in any of these leakers  right know tbh.

MCU in wait and see phase for 2024/2025 movie slate and contemplating what to do post.

Apparently eternals 2  and young avengers movies in " the works" . Yeah don't really believe that and personally think it's some PR  to try create a semblance "everything is ok ,

we still going full steam ahead"

Not saying this projects can't happen. But probably Behind  the scenes fiege and team are  scratching their heads on what rewrites to do and just praying 2024 does good and expected and 2025 atleast deliver or they are well and truly fucked.

Whatever treatments they have for eternals 2 or young avengers are down on the piled  list of the issues to handle so really don't think we seeing them for now.

X men movie b4 secret wars sounds dumb to me too.  Make that the start of phase 7 .  Current saga is too much of a mess ,we don't need them shoe horned in. Unless it's one of the foxverse variants.

Should just finish out this saga and be done with it . the 2024/25 slate, Spidey 4, Schang chi sequel ,DS3  and 2 avengers movies . Definitely retool one of this movies into civil war mini avengers movie . 

As for villians .  Pliz don't fucking touch doom.

Galactus, Magneto and brother hood variant,beyonder,evil illuminati would work well enough.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Marston said:

Been less than a week and nobody is talking about Kang/Majors. Shows how little

of an impact he made 

I mean a lot of people are just sick of talking about it. Majors is gone and we have no control over what they're going to do with Kang. I personally prefer they just recast. I don't like the idea that they'd change the storyline over one actor. It's too reactionary. And we keep hearing all these "reports" and I'm sure some of them are true but it's beginning to just be noise at this point.

28 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I mean a lot of people are just sick of talking about it. Majors is gone and we have no control over what they're going to do with Kang. I personally prefer they just recast. I don't like the idea that they'd change the storyline over one actor. It's too reactionary. L

“reactive”

”reactionary” means something different 

Yeah the Majors thing has been discussed all year, and it kept boiling down to "if he's found guilty they'll probably drop him immediately", and then exactly that happened. Really there's nothing to speculate about with Avengers 5 since the only confirmed cast member just got dropped and they haven't (publicly) gotten a new director either, and it's coming at soonest in 2026 (and, let's face it, as soon as Spidey 4 gets a date everything else is getting delayed anyways since that's happened with literally every single one so far)

Edited by SpiderByte

heard what if s2 isn't particularly good

I do wonder how hardcore fans are feeling and how much more they can take  

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, Hades said:

The Season 2 finale of What If was almost as bad as Secret Invasion finale....Just fan fic nonsense on screen

Hela in the show is great though...

So, I don't need to rush to watch the series.  Got it.

I'm currently finally starting Season 3 of Upload on Amazon and have a few other series before I get to this one...but if it was great, I might have moved it up...but it sounds like it's not...

On 12/24/2023 at 4:01 AM, Liiviig 1998 said:

Wouldn't put stock in any of these leakers  right know tbh.

MCU in wait and see phase for 2024/2025 movie slate and contemplating what to do post.

Apparently eternals 2  and young avengers movies in " the works" . Yeah don't really believe that and personally think it's some PR  to try create a semblance "everything is ok ,

we still going full steam ahead"

Not saying this projects can't happen. But probably Behind  the scenes fiege and team are  scratching their heads on what rewrites to do and just praying 2024 does good and expected and 2025 atleast deliver or they are well and truly fucked.

Whatever treatments they have for eternals 2 or young avengers are down on the piled  list of the issues to handle so really don't think we seeing them for now.

X men movie b4 secret wars sounds dumb to me too.  Make that the start of phase 7 .  Current saga is too much of a mess ,we don't need them shoe horned in. Unless it's one of the foxverse variants.

Should just finish out this saga and be done with it . the 2024/25 slate, Spidey 4, Schang chi sequel ,DS3  and 2 avengers movies . Definitely retool one of this movies into civil war mini avengers movie . 

As for villians .  Pliz don't fucking touch doom.

Galactus, Magneto and brother hood variant,beyonder,evil illuminati would work well enough.

I agree with your post in general but at the same time they can't really "wait and see" forever.

Movies have to be written. They have to enter pre-production. They have to be filmed, and then go into post-production. All of this takes about 2 years from start to finish.

You can't just wait forever. Waiting for 2025 to see what sticks before choosing where they're going next means nothing will be released in 2016 and possibly 2017 too. That is simply unacceptable for a public company with shareholders.

It's not going to happen, basically.

Edited by Daxtreme