Borobudur

Thanksgiving 5-days Weekend thread | BOSS: 42.2m, Napoleon: 32.75m, Wish: 31.6m, Trolls: 25.6m, Thanksgiving: 10.9m

41 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

...That is not a romance in Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. A true romance is Katniss and Peeta or Finnick and Annie.

There is a romantic element in the movie.

It's true that the romance doesn't end on a good way, but it's still part of the attractive in the story.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There's a sentiment among younger audiences that romantic subplots take up space without advancing the plot in movies. It's a generation brain poisoned by Cinemasins to think that movies and TV shows are pretty much just all plot all the time. That's why "filler episodes" where the plot didn't advance and we just got to know the characters by hanging out with them don't exist on streaming shows anymore. 

Actors don't like romantic subplots either like Jenna Ortega saying she hated that Wednesday had a love interest, and Hollywood thinks that giving action heroes and heroines love interests makes them seem weak which is why no superhero movies even hint at romance anymore.

I don't think younger audience aren't interested in stories with romance. In fact, most current shows in streaming for teenagers/YA have romance at some level.

I remember a poll that tried to show Gen Z wasn't interested on romance, but they seemed to be twisting the answers for their argument:

51% of the 1,500 young Americans surveyed said they wanted to see more platonic relationships while 47.5% said sex "isn't needed" for most TV shows and movies. 

44% said romance is "overused" and "unnecessary" for the plot. 

This still mean 52.5% said sex "is needed" for most TV shows and movies. And 56% don't think romance is "overused" or "unnecessary" for the plot.

Not to mention that 51% wanting to see more platonic relationship doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested on romance (we don't know what questions were asked).

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kon said:

I don't think younger audience aren't interested in stories with romance. In fact, most current shows in streaming for teenagers/YA have romance at some level.

I remember a poll that tried to show Gen Z wasn't interested on romance, but they seemed to be twisting the answers for their argument:

51% of the 1,500 young Americans surveyed said they wanted to see more platonic relationships while 47.5% said sex "isn't needed" for most TV shows and movies. 

This still mean 52.5% said sex "is needed" for most TV shows and movies. And 56% don't think romance is "overused" or "unnecessary" for the plot.

Not to mention that 51% wanting to see more platonic relationship doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested on romance (we don't know what questions were asked).

The problem with media these days is that they have the sex without the romance. 

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Yeah main issue with shows nowadays is that they either totally overuse romance or not at all. Everyone has to get involved at some point. Two people can't simply be friends.

Looking at Black Panther 2 percentage drops 

nd Wednesday $10,052,869 /
$313,723,465
2nd Thursday $8,164,083 /
$321,887,548
3rd Friday $18,230,476 /
$340,118,024
3rd Saturday $17,599,193 /
$357,717,217
3rd Sunday $9,754,235 /
$367,471,452

THG:BSS

$32m 2nd WE would be a 28% drop

THG should hit 100 DOM by SUN

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I mean I never thought it was gonna be that good, I just thought that there was alot of audience interest in it, and it's still gonna finish above HOG. The 3m previews prove that audiences were into it, but I can understand now why it isn't getting great legs.

My main takeaway is that a Napoleon movie in the near future which actually is what audiences want might have a lot of potential.   

My takeaway from the Hunger Games (relative) success is that we’re past due for a Gregor the Overlander adaptation 🔥

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

It should be at least 70 when it’s done. I feel like it could add 20-30 with an awards release given it’s an awards frontrunner and what else is out during Oscar season? 

I really wish it can at least do 70. Lately we have too many movies with their legs stuck at near 3 times. And it is annoying. 

Paw Patrol : 2.87x

The Creator: 2.9x

Venice: 2.97x

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Hunger Games with that Top Gun Maverick drop :lol:

The movie is genuinely great, and WOM among teens has been stellar. I’m surprised, but not totally shocked at this hold.

Going to watch this movie second round tomorrow! The country music song stuck in my head since I first saw the movie. One part the songs got me emotional but one part we have Viola Davis being a scary villainy as hell.