Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - Godzilla -1.0 $1.28M, TBOSS $1.148M, Beyonce $1.145M

Just now, Brainbug said:

And important to remeber that a 50M final gross would already be enough to be in the Top 5 all time foreign language grossers in the US. Anything above 57,2M would be enough to reach Number 2. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragons 128M ofc is not a realistic target.

Hide contents

For now

Number 2 nominal would certainly be a result far surpassing expectations though as always I am a Debbie downer who can’t help wondering about admits.    

Legs will be equally good in $$ and tix though :) 

13 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

My fantasy is a TGS run to take down the evil of G14 DOM. No I do not want thoughts or comments on how feasible this is. 

Dude, it's a kids movie lol.

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Did you cry too, bb?

...I was supposed to cry?

2 hours ago, Legion Again said:

I would be surprised if it dropped from opening true fss to be honest. Thinking 50+ finish though if it comes in under still great

If it were keeping all the PLFs, I might be inclined to agree, but that usually knocks 10% (or more) off of expected gross 

13 minutes ago, M37 said:

If it were keeping all the PLFs, I might be inclined to agree, but that usually knocks 10% (or more) off of expected gross 

I think that should about be a wash with the expansion so I’m basically taking the “normal” fss/wed

29 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

I think that should about be a wash with the expansion so I’m basically taking the “normal” fss/wed

Eh, it’s a minor expansion, way down the curve, and the Parasite and EEAAO comps I put out in tracking thread managed only a marginal increase (<5%), so like +10% for TruFSS. Not to say $9M+ 2nd weekend can’t happen, but I would peg my expectations more at ~$8.5M (presuming we get the -15% Thur I have penciled in)

ATP last week for Zilla was not crazy high. I am thinking limited impact due to loss of PLFs. That said theater counts are not that big a deal. Looking at show counts it has slightly more than 85% of shows last week at MTC1. that is really strong. I am expecting tiny drop at worst or even a small increase with better weekend trend than last week. 

• Like 1