Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | The Boy and The Heron $12.97M, Godzilla -1.0 $8.59M

It’s interesting to see the animated Spider Verse on the short list. I didn’t know animation counted as VFX. 

Lower than expected then for Heron and Minus One, but still a novelty factor if they’re #1 and #2 for the weekend. Great for Hunger Games. 

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That's a lot better than I'd expected.

If Deadline's Minus One hold comes to fruition then we all owe @Shawn Robbins an apology as he'd have seen it coming far earlier than the rest of us.

???

It was 3.2 before BOT feedback 😛 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thats what i feared a little bit, a very muted Friday increase that leads to a 2nd weekend in the 6M range.

Still, its 1) quite early, so Deadline could be underestimating it a bit and 2) a 6,4M 2nd weekend would still be great for -1, considering that it has already blown past every reasonable expectations for its lifetime total in the US. Everything from here on out is just icing on the cake.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Thats what i feared a little bit, a very muted Friday increase that leads to a 2nd weekend in the 6M range.

Still, its 1) quite early, so Deadline could be underestimating it a bit and 2) a 6,4M 2nd weekend would still be great for -1, considering that it has already blown past every reasonable expectations for its lifetime total in the US. Everything from here on out is just icing on the cake.

I mean, @keysersoze123 above is expecting a noticeably bigger Friday than Deadline's, so the latter might be lowballing here. Let's just wait for the final number tonight.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Wonka with a £2m opening day here in the UK, headed for the biggest opening weekend since Barbie and Oppenheimer 5 months ago. 

That's good. I really hope Wonka's good reception will generate strong legs.

Edited by Kon

"Third is Toho’s Godzilla Minus One at 2,540 theaters with a second Friday of $1.8M (-62%), second weekend of $6.4M (-44%)"

Phew - 2 weeks in a row I didn't lead Shawn astray...back on my hot streak (I must be channeling Klay Thompson, one of the most streaky shooters, in another life)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1