Bob Train

3/4-3/7 Weekdays Thread | Dune $7.3m Monday, $8.1m Tuesday, $6.6m Wednesday

7 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

BOT (also me) when revised estimates go down by literally 2.67%

Oj4IrSK.gif

Trust in the spice.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Logan seems like a pretty good comparison point given the release date and dollar grosses for the opening 4 days. Logan's domestic total of $226M would mean a 2.74 multiplier for Dune Part 2, which is pretty similar to Dune Part 1's 2.68 multiplier. I'm thinking Dune Part 2 can make it to $250 million, but it will be interesting to see how it goes! 

• Like 1

$7.3/$28.7 = 25.4% 

Batman seems to be the comp (for now)

• Like 3

They finally opened up sales this afternoon for this coming weekend where I am and the 6:50 Friday,  3:10 and 6:30 Saturday IMAX shows are already 75-80% soldout lmao

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ozardvark said:

Variety saying 40-45m for Dune: Part Two's next weekend. How does that benchmark?

https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/box-office-kung-fu-panda-4-opening-weekend-projection-dune-2-1235930925/

Seems about right to me?

Tue is its own thing, but looking at similar films*, would set expectations for Wed to $5.73M give or take. Presuming that hits - and it could be higher - Thursday shouldn't drop but a few % points at most as its keeping PLF and new films aren't direct competition, then a ~7.5x for the weekend would ballpark to pretty much exactly that range, or again could go higher (or lower)

Spoiler

*Mon To Wed Drops

Batman = -21.7%

Logan = -21.6%

John Wick 4 = -21.3%

That's some consistency

Edited by M37
  • Like 4

From this Tues, even with weaker Wed (-27%) and Thurs (-7%), as well as smaller Fri (+113%) and Sat (+47%) jumps as The Batman, the 2nd wknd should still work out to $41.5M.