Grand Cine

3/08-3/10 Weekend Estimates : KFP 4 : 58,3M , Dune 2 : 46,3M , Imaginary : 10M , Caprini : 7,6M

To back up my point, it wasn't that I just pull numbers out of nowhere. Someone recommend looking at jumps by other long movies and I did.

The Batman: Pure FRI drop from wknd 1 to wknd 2 ~ 46%, but SAT drop only 17%. If only look at % jump from 2nd FRI to 2nd SAT then we see only +51%, but remember how ridiculous Dune 2 jumped on its 1st SAT, way more than any other movies. Dune 2 pure Fri-Fri is - 42%. If it followz The Batman pattern and drop only 17% SAT to SAT, that's 24M for 2nd SAT.

Oppenheimer: Looking at its pattern in September (non-summer), FRI jumps often around 80-90%, and SAT jump 70-80%. If Dune 2 follow suit, would be 21-22M 2nd SAT.

Avatar 2: Looking at its pattern in March, FRI jumps often around 100-120%, and SAT jump 100%+. If Dune 2 sees similar jump, yeah, 24M 2nd SAT.

Granted, both Oppenheimer and A2 was down to the final legs of their run with single digit million daily gross, so it's idk if it applies with much larger raw number, but the predence do exists. Let's wait and see.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sooo, how bout them Saturday jumps everyone ?

Will Dune match or exceed The Batman's +52%? 

Can KFP4 manage an equally impressive jump or will OW limit it a bit?

35 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Moderation

Okay, I don't know what's going on with this beef over Leoh, but it's very clear folks aren't going to see eye to eye, and it's derailing the thread. At this point, please place users you dislike on your Ignore list and call it a day. We're done with this constant fighting.

My fair king!

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I really hope at least one of IO2 or DM4 severely underperforms just to stifle the absolute onslaught of animation sequels we’re gonna get if they don’t 

I hope none of them underperforms and both end up doing amazing for the sake of theaters. Idk why people root for movies to fail? Sequels are always going to be around. The only way for sequels to go extinct is if every movie flops which means the industry dies.

4 hours ago, YM! said:

C’mon now. They’ll take it as sequels and known IP are the only way forward.

I don’t agree. Migration and The Bad Guys just proved that original animation can still make $$$. Just make good ones that families want to see.

5 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

I don’t agree. Migration and The Bad Guys just proved that original animation can still make $$$. Just make good ones that families want to see.

Both bad guys and migration did around 250 million, if not for budgets, it wasn’t big money 

kfp4 will prob 2.5x it 

41 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Why were the Friday jumps for the holdovers so weak

Combination of 3 new titles entering 2,800+ theaters, taking away screens from holdovers, in addition to first wave of Spring Break.  If everyday is a pseudo-day off, then Friday won't have as big of a jump.

Edited by crazymoviekid

1 hour ago, Eric Atreides said:

Moderation

Okay, I don't know what's going on with this beef over Leoh, but it's very clear folks aren't going to see eye to eye, and it's derailing the thread. At this point, please place users you dislike on your Ignore list and call it a day. We're done with this constant fighting.

Maybe asking the user in question to quit with their constant negative attitude about this movie would be helpful too. 

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 4

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Great news everyone. Amazing Spider-Man 2 is coming back to theaters. Get your tickets now 

Spidey 1 and Spidey 2 will sell the most tickets for sure!

I'm tempted to go. I went to the recent Jedi rerelease and enjoyed that.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Heart 1

42 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Oppenheimer is the most dominant BP winner since ROTK, Nothing short of Titanic 2 would beat it. 

Tbf the idea of a Titanic 2 sounds so creatively bankrupt that I doubt it would win anythjng. I do think Avatar 5 is a guaranteed BP winner tho and should be the highest grossing BP winner of all time.

39 minutes ago, dallas said:

Maybe asking the user in question to quit with their constant negative attitude about this movie would be helpful too. 

Sure @leoh said things from the get go we didn't really agree with buts it's like  really getting overblown out of proportion and every statement being said now  is being reduced  to " you hater"  or  " overly negative" even when they maybe some reasonable conclusions in some of those statements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dallas said:

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

But on-topic with animated films, Migration, Elemental, and The Bad Guys didn't do greatamazing domestically. It's because of their budgets, their lack of competition, and because of their specific release windows that they did as well as they did.

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul
  • Heart 1

59 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Oppenheimer is the most dominant BP winner since ROTK, Nothing short of Titanic 2 would beat it. 

I just want Barbie to win a few. Production Design, Costume, Screenplay, Supporting Actor and Song! Here we go!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I just want Barbie to win a few. Production Design, Costume, Screenplay, Supporting Actor and Song! Here we go!

It definitely deserves Production Design! And Song. And Costume. Okay, all of those I'd be cool with.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Tbf the idea of a Titanic 2 sounds so creatively bankrupt that I doubt it would win anythjng. I do think Avatar 5 is a guaranteed BP winner tho and should be the highest grossing BP winner of all time.

They already made Titanic II and it was pretty bad...

But seriously, sequels have gotten nominated and won Best Picture before. I don't think a straight sequel to the 1997 Titanic would work, but someday there might be comedy about the filming of it or a story centering one of the supporting characters.