Grand Cine

Weekdays Thread (3/11-14)

5 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I think it's becoming quite obvious the kind of weekend we're walking into

A huge part of Cameron’s box office success on his previous films has been attributable to repeat viewing. He typically doesn’t have a massive opening weekend, à la Marvel movies, but instead holds or builds his audience over time. “We’ll know by the third weekend,” he says. “You’re not going to know by the first weekend. Titanic Avatar: The Way of Water didn’t work that way. Avatar Dune: Part Two didn’t work that way.” 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Gonna be contributing to Thursday hold for Dune 2 tonight, you can thank me later

<5% pls

Me too! Dad is finally available to watch it.

I am also currently in a private screening of Kung Fu Panda 4, in support of @The Panda and his contributions to cinema and furry culture.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ando said:

Absolutely. Just no OS updates since Sunday. 

In Variety's Weekend Box Office Predictions (published today), they mention that  "“Dune 2” has generated $162 million domestically and $375 million globally."

Box Office: ‘Kung Fu Panda 4’ Poised to Rule Again as Mark Wahlberg’s ‘Arthur the King’ Targets $10 Million Debut

https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/box-office-mark-wahlberg-arthur-the-king-opening-weekend-estimates-1235940972/

25 minutes ago, Jerri Blank-Diggler said:

In Variety's Weekend Box Office Predictions (published today), they mention that  "“Dune 2” has generated $162 million domestically and $375 million globally."

Box Office: ‘Kung Fu Panda 4’ Poised to Rule Again as Mark Wahlberg’s ‘Arthur the King’ Targets $10 Million Debut

https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/box-office-mark-wahlberg-arthur-the-king-opening-weekend-estimates-1235940972/

That means 213M OS which is the exact same amount as on Sunday. 

WW total by Wednesday should be right over 400M (171.5M DOM - 230M OS).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merkel said:

Dune should've crossed 400 million WW by now, no?

Tomorrow the latest even though we get the total OS numbers updated weekly and not daily. The coolest point for me is that Part Two over gross Part 1 in two weeks! Two weeks against a run of months.

16 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Holds for this have been insane. If it follows Panda 3 from this point on, it finishes with 215M+. Now, I don’t think it’s going to keep up with that movie, but 200 doesn’t seem THAT far fetched right now.

• Like 1