kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

51 minutes ago, cannastop said:

A useful comparison for the Pixar re-releases (Soul, Turning Red, Luca) will be the Shrek 2 release on April 12.

Some people say the Pixars face planted because they were bad movies but if Shrek 2 also underperforms it might just suggest that re-releases aren't a good business. I mean even the biggest re-releases only make $10 million DOM.

'Course this is still assuming we get Shrek 2 numbers.

Very different scenario, rereleases that bank on nostalgia do way better than recent movies being rereleased. And there's a loooooot of nostalgia for Shrek 2.

Re-releases aren't a monolith, every movie has its own unique circumstances. I suppose the most reliable metric for determining whether it was worth it was if they still made money compared to the investment spent on marketing and exhibition contracts, but that's not often public info.

6 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Which format did you enjoy GxK most? 

Honestly I thought it looked quite ugly in IMAX, the vfx didn't hold up to that kind of scutiny. I'd go Dolby, it looked much nicer

48 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Dune has finally overtaken Oppenheimer in weekend holds. $11.4m 5th weekend for Dune vs $10.7m for Oppenheimer.

If it matched what Oppy did from now on... $297.15 mil :)

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

A useful comparison for the Pixar re-releases (Soul, Turning Red, Luca) will be the Shrek 2 release on April 12.

Some people say the Pixars face planted because they were bad movies but if Shrek 2 also underperforms it might just suggest that re-releases aren't a good business. I mean even the biggest re-releases only make $10 million DOM.

'Course this is still assuming we get Shrek 2 numbers.

Older movies always do better in re-releases than new ones. Hocus Pocus and ROTJ re-releases did way better than Pixar ones.

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Older movies always do better in re-releases than new ones. Hocus Pocus and ROTJ re-releases did way better than Pixar ones.

I don’t actually regard Luca, soul or TR as re-releases since they were never been properly released before. 

6 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Which imax theatres did you watch it in? Which one you found better?

I watched one in INOX in Jio World Plaza Mumbai and other in INOX in R City Mall Mumbai, found the World Plaza one better.

12 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Black Widow, FNAF, and GXK: Post-pandemic films that just bareeeeely cracked $80M OW

Black Widow I wouldn't consider post pandemic at all. GxK for sure. Can't remember what FNAF... Fast & Furious movie?