Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

Inside Out is a 2000s era Pixar that released in 2010s. Wonder if Pixar would do a Coco sequel since that's the only other original in 2010 that probably still resonates.Β 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Inside Out is a 2000s era Pixar that released in 2010s. Wonder if Pixar would do a Coco sequel since that's the only other original in 2010 that probably still resonates.Β 

Coco sequel is easy 1bn+

They just need a decent story. People love that movie.

I guess Disney's comeback tour begins tonight when the preview numbers come in. The fact that this is the first triple digit opening in almost an entire year, and that it took us half the year to get to the first such opening for 2024, is utterly damning and depressing. And the potential of Disney using this and Deadpool 3 to leverage their way back into being the emperor of pop culture is pretty scary too. But theaters need the moneyΒ badly,Β and Pixar is in desperate need of good news after a brutal round of layoffs. So hopefully this movie ends up bringing in a lot of money to both parties, and is the beginning of a potential road to recovery for the industry.

• Like 1

I wasn’t a big fan of the first Inside Out.

Β 

With β€œAnxiety” being in this one I feel like it might annoy me, because Americans are over the top about anxiety.Β 
Β 

β€œmy anxiety this, my anxiety that…”. No, you’re just worried. Or nervous. Not everything is an anxiety attack. Grating!Β 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 15

It's definitely a franchise that has tapped into the "mental health awareness" zeitgeist. I do think the premise is fundamentally half baked but I guess there is a primal appeal in brightly colored anthropomorphic interpretations of emotions. I do like Hawke and Edebiri as actresses so hoping I get some enjoyment out of them.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

Mental health awareness is fine, I work in mental health. But it’s the mental health olympics these days that I can’t stand.Β 
Β 

So many people need or want a condition or a diagnosis for natural feelings. And X/Twitter is the worst for it.Β 
Β 

β€œI can’t be bothered sitting this exam, must be my ADHD. I like a clean house, my OCD” etc. It’s really damaging to genuine cases.Β 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Β And the potential of Disney using this and Deadpool 3 to leverage their way back into being the emperor of pop culture is pretty scary too.Β 

Don't worry there still making Tron: Aries.Β 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Mental health awareness is fine, I work in mental health. But it’s the mental health olympics these days that I can’t stand.Β 
Β 

So many people need or want a condition or a diagnosis for natural feelings. And X/Twitter is the worst for it.Β 
Β 

β€œI can’t be bothered sitting this exam, must be my ADHD. I like a clean house, my OCD” etc. It’s really damaging to genuine cases.Β 

As a person with actual mental disorders and being treated. It pisses me off that people feel cool to have a mental disorder. No kid, having ADHD is not fucking fun. Not being able to not focus because your brain has been melted by TikTok is not ADHD.

Β 

I think that IO2 might be really fun and will do a fun run. However, I think that the competition between IO2 and Despicable Me 4 for the animated crown of the year will be even more interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Β 

With β€œAnxiety” being in this one I feel like it might annoy me, because Americans are over the top about anxiety.Β 
Β 

β€œmy anxiety this, my anxiety that…”. No, you’re just worried. Or nervous. Not everything is an anxiety attack. Grating!Β 

Well majority of reviewers said Anxiety is their favourite here.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Β 

Β 

I suffer severe anxiety whenever I go to Glasgow for the fear of bumping into @Krissykins

• Haha 1

We might be looking at a $250m WW opening -> I have OS at $115m currently, domisticly $120m, we need a big jump in Argentina and Australia on friday and saturday. Hoping football doesn't cut in IO2 to much in Germany because we could use an extra $2m OW there.

Edited by pepsa

This is so doing +600M OS lol. 105M opening with a lot of marketing opening next week or later is insane.Β 
Β 

12M previews probably gives it +120M DOM, especially because looks like it’ll get an A CinemaScore.Β 
Β 

Definitely starts to feel like +400M DOM and +600M OS is pretty reasonable. Good for Pixar getting a exceptional rebound story with Elemental and now a certified smash hit just a year later.Β 

• Like 8

How does that opening compare to other Pixar openings? I'm aware nothing other than TS4 has opened to this many OS markets the same weekend as North America. So, do we know how it's faring compared to others in equivalent markets?

3 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

How does that opening compare to other Pixar openings? I'm aware nothing other than TS4 has opened to this many OS markets the same weekend as North America. So, do we know how it's faring compared to others in equivalent markets?

TS4 opened with 123M OS. But I think it had more countries than IO2.Β 
Β 

Still, will be close.Β 

25 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I actually refuse to believe that the first Inside Out is already 9 years old lol

Fury road was also 9 years ago. Both FR and IO are extremely well liked. Their next film are positively received too but one went south one went high. I guess the prequel vs sequel really make some differences.