Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

44 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

so we are back? movie overperforming without tiktok trend , we are in era where d+ helps movies like when older shows on netflix making current seasons explode

Β 

Jennifer Lee boutta greenlight Encanto 2

High Quality deedee button Blank Meme Template

Nice to see Inside Out 2 blowing up. Between this, Moana 2 and Deadpool & Wolverine, Disney could have three +$450m DOM performers this year. The only other movie which might have a chance to come close to that is Joker 2. Mufasa is dropping big from The Lion King (2019) but it won't be a disaster either ($500-700m WW).Β 

So… 

Β 

13M previewsΒ 

51M FRIΒ 

56M SATΒ 

50M SUN

Β 

~170M OW? Seems kinda reasonable to me. Insane numbers, considering Pixar sequels tends to have pretty great multipliers, 600M finish is a real possibility.
Β 

There’s a case for this to win the year afterall lolΒ 

• Like 2

I think the more interesting thing out of this already insane weekend, is see how important is to make original movies.Β 
Β 

From 350M of the original Inside Out to maybe 600M in the sequel? Sure, an extreme case, but it’s another proof of how an original great movie can build audience over the years to blow up harder next time.Β 

Take Elemental for example to keep in the Pixar brand. I didn’t loved it, but despite the historically awful openings, it was clearly loved by audiences to the point that it legged out to +150M DOM / ~500M WW. Maybe there’s room for a great sequel in a few years to blow up to 250-300 DOM and 800-900M WW? Not out of question imo. And people still talk about that movie as some sort of error.
Β 

Is very important that Pixar and the industry as a whole doesn’t make only the safe sequels, but keep producing quality originals even if they don’t make close to a billion and bring huge profits, because you never know for sure if a sequel to this smaller original can blow up.

Β 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Just saw it. I wanna start a club of taking Mario down worldwide.

China with great possibility of joining the craziness train? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think the more interesting thing out of this already insane weekend, is see how important is to make original movies.Β 
Β 

From 350M of the original Inside Out to maybe 600M in the sequel? Sure, an extreme case, but it’s another proof of how an original great movie can build audience over the years to blow up harder next time.Β 

Take Elemental for example to keep in the Pixar brand. I didn’t loved it, but despite the historically awful openings, it was clearly loved by audiences to the point that it legged out to +150M DOM / ~500M WW. Maybe there’s room for a great sequel in a few years to blow up to 250-300 DOM and 800-900M WW? Not out of question imo. And people still talk about that movie as some sort of error.
Β 

Is very important that Pixar and the industry as a whole doesn’t make only the safe sequels, but keep producing quality originals even if they don’t make close to a billion and bring huge profits, because you never know for sure if a sequel to this smaller original can blow up.

Β 

DAJK already said something like this. I don''t know if this is really the lesson Pixar would take from this. But they're still making originals so who knows. Not everything they make can be a sequel, I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

yeah, but not like 500+ DOM which is locked for IO2

I mean, Joker2 and IO2 are sequels, but Joker has a bigger box office than IO.

28 minutes ago, Claudio said:

China with great possibility of joining the craziness train? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

I hope so. I thought my sadness was out of control at the end of the third act, but then I heard sobs around me. If this can’t touch local audience, then nothing from Hollywood movies will make it.Β 

• Thanks 1

Let me just tell you rap music in Gladiator 2 trailer will kill any momentum it could have just like it did in Assassin's Creed movie trailer back when it was released. Peacock just released a trailer for Gladiator knock off series directed by Roland Emmerich and they also used rap music, and many people in the comment section already complain about it. Let's see how foolish and tasteless Paramount's marketing department is.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Haha 1