kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

Doesn't it just  seem right that we may have the best most positive  overall BO weekends  since this time last year. As has been pointed out the middle of July might  be  peak BO for the year. Next year could be the same if JW 4, Superman  and maybe Fantastic Four , if it sticks to that date, all open.

Edited by emoviefan
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I was wrong, but damn, the fact you remembered that I said it means a lot to me. I didn't know you cared about me that much. 🥰

It's a movie forum buddy, we always remember those who took a strong stance one way or another, and were proven wrong 😎

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's a movie forum buddy, we always remember those who took a strong stance one way or another, and were proven wrong 😎

Hey Baumer! 

Just in case you haven’t seen Twisters yet, there’s a scene in the middle section and they’ve used real animals. The set up/what they’re doing to the animals is cruelty (Rodeo, pulling at their heads and legs etc). I remember that being a no-go for you. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • ...wtf 1

As a resident Oklahoman, this can make all the money! I met Bill Paxton several years ago in Shawnee the production of the first Twister. He’s something of an icon in this state especially for meteorology.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

51 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I was wrong, but damn, the fact you remembered that I said it means a lot to me. I didn't know you cared about me that much. 🥰

I spent a lot of carefully worded energy rebuking it. Of course i'm gonna remember it.

You did have the wisdom to realize you'd been schooled and dropped the subject, so I appreciated that.

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I spent a lot of carefully worded energy rebuking it. Of course i'm gonna remember it.

You did have the wisdom to realize you'd been schooled and dropped the subject, so I appreciated that.

Honestly, it wasn't even that. I just didn't care enough to keep talking about it. I enjoy debate and arguments, but I don't think about what I or others say here once I log out.

If there's one thing I've learned from being here it's that no one really knows anything (even folks doing legit tracking have been blindsided), because if we did we'd be working in Hollywood and not be active here. At least, I wouldn't be.

Twisters needed an international release that came a few weeks after domestic. It is missing the "American break out" aura badly.

• Like 4

This weekend and last is why I said people were panicking too much about April and May way back in June even before Inside Out 2 opened.

39 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

As a resident Oklahoman, this can make all the money! I met Bill Paxton several years ago in Shawnee the production of the first Twister. He’s something of an icon in this state especially for meteorology.

Who doesn't love Bill Paxton? The man is a legend.

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Ah yes, I wonder why the Luke Combs infused yee haw Twisters movie about wild Texans straight up America Fuck Yeahing tornadoes to death on the prairie isn't doing as well overseas.

Can I patent the term "Vibe Marketing" because that is 100% what Barbie, Twisters, and Deadpool are.

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This weekend and last is why I said people were panicking too much about April and May way back in June even before Inside Out 2 opened.

TBF those months were pretty anemic.

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Ah yes, I wonder why the Luke Combs infused yee haw Twisters movie about wild Texans straight up America Fuck Yeahing tornadoes to death on the prairie isn't doing as well overseas.

Can I patent the term "Vibe Marketing" because that is 100% what Barbie, Twisters, and Deadpool are.

• Like 1

tbh let's see if the IT outage boosts the box office a bit. I had travel plans this weekend that just got totally fucked from my flight getting cancelled and now I'm already planning to see Longlegs this weekend :sadfleck:

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

tbh let's see if the IT outage boosts the box office a bit. I had travel plans this weekend that just got totally fucked from my flight getting cancelled and now I'm already planning to see Longlegs this weekend :sadfleck:

peach-goma-hug-comfort.gif