Eric Deetz

Spoilers | Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) Spoiler Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Did they callback to F4ntastic?

Not in the film itself. There is a BTS reel of all Fox Marvel movies that plays alongside the end credits, which includes a couple of shots from Tr4nktastic.

I’d say it’s a bang average marvel movie: boring action, no emotional investment, dumb nonsense plot. But there are enough funny jokes to mean I enjoyed it, with an opening night audience that’s laughing at every gag and cheering at the cameos.

• Astonished 1

As a Reynolds/Deadpool/MCU fan, this was definitely a fun 2 hours. Can't deny that. Definitely struggles from a jumbled, overstuffed, underdeveloped plot (strike?) and some fun, but unimpactful cameos. Also, thought Emma Corrin was rather weak. Interesting to see how this ages like NWH in regards to impact of jokes and cameos and how the "hold for applaud shots" seem. 

Also thought the climax flight sequence in the void was extremely rough. Huge shaky-cam problem. Much different from the stellar opening credit number. 

But really, what was the point of the 616 scene?  Had no impact or relevance on the story. 

7/10, for now...

Edited by crazymoviekid

1 hour ago, crazymoviekid said:

But really, what was the point of the 616 scene?  Had no impact or relevance on the story. 

It was to show that Wade tried to join the Avengers. It was essential to his will about wanting to matter. 

Guys, fucking WESLEY SNIPES!

Omg I wasn’t expecting it at all, incredible to see him back. Worth the price of admission as Blade again!

Film was good overall, I enjoyed it. I think 
Marvel just wanted to please the fans with this one after recent flops. Worked on me lol.

Some of those cameos made me feel… a bit sad? 

Blade looked like a frail old man. 

Some geek yelled when Chris Evan’s showed up, then we all laughed at him when it turned out it was only Johnny Storm. Cringe! 😂

Whoever pulled the plug on that Gambit film with Channing Tatum did the world a huge favour! My audience was silent for him until Deadpool made the minion joke about his accent. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1