Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

7 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Honestly if Wakanda Forever releases now ,it would have done way better. 

MOM on the other hand , victim of leaks. The insiders hyped cameos so much that people thought we were getting like 100 cameos lol

There were people saying it was like an Avengers film the way Civil War was and it was gonna bring in the x men and it was all totally made up 

Does Wakanda Forever do better at the same date if they recast T'Challa? I'm not sure of the answer but I don't think it does any worse. 

Multiverse of Madness had the momentum of NWH as a springboard and unfortunately failed to capitalize.

MOM did not live up to the potential. It was titled Multiverse of Madness and you really only see 1 or 2 other universe, and none of them were done very well. It did not live up to the hype like NWH.

NWH expertly handled it's characters. Emotional moments were good. MOM assassinated Wanda's character and Strange was boring AF in his own movie. 

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Let twisters be past, it's Deadpool & Wolverine time.

It's going to do well in domestic, overseas is woeful, overall it shall do well. 

But..... Big thing is that it's Deadpool & Wolverine Day. 

Nah! Seen Deadpool & Wolverine yesterday, back for a second viewing of Twisters on Sunday. So technically it’s still a Twisters weekend. 

Multiverse of Madness is a good comp for Deadpool 3 and not just box office wise, similar story and use of cameos. I’d say I preferred MoM to this. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 3

multiverse of madness was banned in my country so I only caught it on digital months later and never got on with the hype but it had one of the most memorable villain performances in a Marvel film since Endgame. I was surprised general audiences could not connect to it as much.

Deadpool & Wolverine on the other hand was a pretty empty movie story wise, carried mostly by the soundtrack and Reynolds's comedy delivery which I really liked here. most jokes landed for me and while I didn't care for the cameos and bringing back wolverine for no reason. I thought Jackman's performance was very good in the 2nd half. But it was def a step down compared to MOM which at least felt like it pretended to have actual stakes.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it tho and I miss the good days of the MCU so it feels a bit embarrassing to be a Marvel fan while hearing Deadpool's critique of its current state right now..

6/10.

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

98% VA audience score now for DW, the same as NWH, a potential A+ cinemascore?

I would honestly wait until we get those Thursday night PostTrak exits when Disney reports the official preview number. 

If they are 5 or 4.5 stars, then we should expect an A+ or A Cinemascore. 

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

MOM did not live up to the potential. It was titled Multiverse of Madness and you really only see 1 or 2 other universe, and none of them were done very well. It did not live up to the hype like NWH.

NWH expertly handled it's characters. Emotional moments were good. MOM assassinated Wanda's character and Strange was boring AF in his own movie. 

Strange was always a flop as a lead character, only gaining a niche audience in the 60s coz of college kids on acid tripping on the comic visuals. It's a testament to the MCU's invincible might in 2016 that his debut film made in the 600-700M WW range. MoM BO was carried mostly by Wanda and the promise of more multiverse shenanigans post-NWH.

Strange best worked as a support/ensemble cast member in IW/Endgame/NWH than in his own films.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Strange was always a flop as a lead character, only gaining a niche audience in the 60s coz of college kids on acid tripping on the comic visuals. It's a testament to the MCU's invincible might in 2016 that his debut film made in the 600-700M WW range. MoM BO was carried mostly by Wanda and the promise of more multiverse shenanigans post-NWH.

Strange best worked as a support/ensemble cast member in IW/Endgame/NWH than in his own films.

Oop, you clocked!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

IW strange was great. NWH and DS2 he just never got that treatment.

In the first movie ,though he is steal a little to close to tonystark in characterisation,he is still way more interesting.

16 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I would honestly wait until we get those Thursday night PostTrak exits when Disney reports the official preview number. 

If they are 5 or 4.5 stars, then we should expect an A+ or A Cinemascore. 

5 stars - A+

4.5 stars - A

4 stars. - A-

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

5 stars - A+

4.5 stars - A

4 stars. - A-

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness got 4 stars from PostTrak on Thursday night and that one got a B+. 

Thor: Love and Thunder got an even lower PostTrak rating at 3.5 stars (which usually indicates a B grade) and that one also got a B+. Eternals, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, and The Marvels all got 3.5 stars and they all got a B. 

If Deadpool and Wolverine gets at least 4.5 stars, we're gonna be good. 

I'm telling you, Audience couldn't connect with MoM because they ruined both the lead characters.

You can then make the best movie ever but if your lead characters are tarnished, audience will be brutal on you.

• Like 4

maybe audiences don't care for interesting story arcs and they prefer their SHs to just beat up fodder while posing for the camera in slow motion so the audience have enough time to cheer & clap at every scene. (like in D&W)

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2