Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

2 hours ago, Eric Wilson said:

both Jurassic World and Deadpool 3

Hopefully Jurassic World Dominion you mean, not Jurassic World.

And as a Jurassic fan I'll say Deadpool & Wolverine is miles better than Dominion, both aren't even in same ballpark.

Because one gives audiences what they want, other didn't, It's simple.

• Thanks 1

I'm gonna go full performative lib and say it's weird that no one's brought up D&W's terrible CGI. Like Wolverine is fully CGI in a lot of shots (including the viral shirtless shot) and it looks terrible. But it isn't getting the backlash Black Widow's CGI got (despite the CGI in that film being more consistently ok).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I'm gonna go full performative lib and say it's weird that no one's brought up D&W's terrible CGI. Like Wolverine is fully CGI in a lot of shots (including the viral shirtless shot) and it looks terrible. But it isn't getting the backlash Black Widow's CGI got (despite the CGI in that film being more consistently ok).

Agreed on the cg, but pretty sure that was actually Hugh shirtless. The mask makes it look wonky 

59 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What do ya'll want the blockbusters to do? Intentionally make less money?

It's based on demand.

I’ve been mulling over chiming in once again on this, so here is what I’m going to say:

No one cares if you love or dog any film.

NO ONE.

Like @Menor the Destroyer said earlier, it’s about the hyperbolic non sense that does go both ways. You can either live your life as a teenager fighting constant franchise wars or you can come around to the fact that Marvel Studios or not, all films are works of art, products of art made by an ensemble that deeply care about their craft and poured their hearts and souls into these films, you enjoying them or not. They are also products funded by corporations that are in the business of making money, lots of money, and this goes from Marvel’s empire to that silly MMPORG that WB is pushing me as an ad all the time for a Dune game.

What has been plaguing this message board has been constant franchise wars with a fresh paint of the new rise of ‘absolute cinema’ kids that non ironically think that films like Dune are less corporate driven and works of art compared with Marvel Studios joints. The very idea that someone cares deeply about someone enjoying a film or not is silly or laughable. My opinion or anyone’s opinion on a film shouldn’t matter to anyone like @SaltyPistola just said. It’s rich to think anyone here sees themselves as holding such of an important opinion that literally a single one of us care about what they think about Marvel Studios or any other given film for that matter.

Once upon a time, people spewing non sense like what is and isn’t cinema wasn’t something that was fostered and welcome. BOT used to be a place where you could happily nerd out about film and cooler heads would always remind that it’s okay to love Marvel joints as much as Nolan’s joints, etc. The issue is that despite this place having excellent posters like @ZeeSoh, @XXR & Friends, @Porthos, @TalismanRing and being the places of legends like Rtheimdall and now Jat, some of those being even part of the moderator crew, we have people from the higher ups constantly fostering a sort of mentality that is in my opinion detrimental to cinema, movie theaters and film as a culture. 

Look, I never even watched Dune 2, Top Gun 2 or Avatar 2. I don’t hate those franchises. I watched the first Dune and thought it was boring, so I’m not in a hurry to watch the sequel. What makes this place so hard to want to stick around these days isn’t that there isn’t cool people around, I see that apparently @Cap isn’t as around as much either and other than life keeping us busy, I think it’s about I don’t have neither the time or the desire of constantly justifying or defending why I love the MCU nor I care about hating what I dislike. What I dislike I DON’T CARE. Once upon a time, this place valued people that would happily geek out and talk about film, box office and theories, now we don’t have Marvel x DC or Lucasfilm x Cameron but we do have "absolute cinema" against Marvel is slob drivel. All day. Every day. It’s boring. It serves for a clique of trolls, but not for healthy discussion.

Some might prefer the illlusion of some sort of power over a clique of hateful trolls. I’d rather waste my free time celebrating what I love instead of defending it or trashing what I don’t like. 

There is and there will always be room for all sorts of cinema as long as Netflix and AI don’t win. Marvel Studios just secured that movie theaters aren’t going anywhere and I’m hopeful that I can have a long life so I can keep riding the Marvel Cinematic Universe train, I never been this much excited for the MCU and the future of films as I am now, and in the bleak world we live in, that’s quite a marvel.

I think that it speaks a lot to the current state of BOT that this dude is coming off as the voice of reason:

It’s basic common sense, but still. This place used to be better, and I genuinely think that the kind of discourse has scared away some excellent posters. I’m thankful for those not afraid or polite enough to call bullshit when they see it in such an elegant manner. I wish I had that tact and finesse. I don’t, and it took me a lot of sighs to not be as blunt as I wish I could be here. 

If anything, what has made BOT such a fun place to hang out still lives, you just have to cut through a lot of bullshit and having that kind of bullshit promoted isn’t something I enjoy seeing but hey, movie theaters are saved once again and I love seeing Marvel Studios defying all odds thoughout the years so yeah, this weekend has been fun.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I’ve been mulling over chiming in once again on this, so here is what I’m going to say:

No one cares if you love or dog any film.

NO ONE.

Like @Menor the Destroyer said earlier, it’s about the hyperbolic non sense that does go both ways. You can either live your life as a teenager fighting constant franchise wars or you can come around to the fact that Marvel Studios or not, all films are works of art, products of art made by an ensemble that deeply care about their craft and poured their hearts and souls into these films, you enjoying them or not.

What has been plaguing this message board has been constant franchise wars with a fresh paint of the new rise of ‘absolute cinema’ kids that non ironically think that films like Dune are less corporate driven and works of art compared with Marvel Studios joints. The very idea that someone cares deeply about someone enjoying a film or not is silly or laughable. My opinion or anyone’s opinion on a film shouldn’t matter to anyone like @SaltyPistola just said. It’s rich to think anyone here sees themselves as holding such of an important opinion that literally a single one of us care about what they think about Marvel Studios or any other given film for that matter.

Once upon a time, people spewing non sense like what is and isn’t cinema wasn’t something that was fostered and welcome. BOT used to be a place where you could happily nerd out about film and cooler heads would always remind that it’s okay to love Marvel joints as much as Nolan’s joints, etc. The issue is that despite this place having excellent posters like @ZeeSoh, @XXR & Friends, @Porthos, @TalismanRing and being the places of legends like Rtheimdall and now Jat, some of those being even part of the moderator crew, we have people from the higher ups constantly fostering a sort of mentality that is in my opinion detrimental to cinema, movie theaters and film as a culture. 

Look, I never even watched Dune 2, Top Gun 2 or Avatar 2. I don’t hate those franchises. I watched the first Dune and thought it was boring, so I’m not in a hurry to watch the sequel. What makes this place so hard to want to stick around these days isn’t that there isn’t cool people around, I see that apparently @Cap isn’t as around as much either and other than life keeping us busy, I think it’s about I don’t have neither the time or the desire of constantly justifying or defending why I love the MCU nor I care about hating what I dislike. What I dislike I DON’T CARE. Once upon a time, this place valued people that would happily geek out and talk about film, box office and theories, now we don’t have Marvel x DC or Lucasfilm x Cameron but we do have "absolute cinema" against Marvel is slob drivel. All day. Every day. It’s boring. It serves for a clique of trolls, but not for healthy discussion.

Some might prefer the illlusion of some sort of power over a clique of hateful trolls. I’d rather waste my free time celebrating what I love instead of defending it or trashing what I don’t like. 

There is and there will always be room for all sorts of cinema as long as Netflix and AI don’t win. Marvel Studios just secured that movie theaters aren’t going anywhere and I’m hopeful that I can have a long life so I can keep riding the Marvel Cinematic Universe train, I never been this much excited for the MCU and the future of films as I am now, and in the bleak world we live in, that’s quite a marvel.

GO33akmX0AARqjo.jpg

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 6

The MCU is back! Can not wait until next May when Thunderbolts opens and people bitch about Marvel opening up the summer.  I mean remember when Gosling and Blunt spent like 2 whole months selling the shit out the The Fall Guy and it blew up and became a massive hit. Oh wait no it didn't. I am only sort of joking. People were just not interested in that enough.  Twisters probably would have been big that weekend but because of the strikes it was not ready.  

4 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The MCU is back! Can not wait until next May when Thunderbolts opens and people bitch about Marvel opening up the summer.  I mean remember when Gosling and Blunt spent like 2 whole months selling the shit out the The Fall Guy and it blew up and became a massive hit. Oh wait no it didn't. I am only sort of joking. People were just not interested in that enough.  Twisters probably would have been big that weekend but because of the strikes it was not ready.  

MCU has opening the summer for the most part for years now . Saying some will bitch about that is a tad bit exaggerated.

Alright guys, from now on, can this thread seriously just be about celebrating Deadpool and Wolverine's box office success? 

If you love the movie or hate the movie, that's fine, but now let's finally put this whole "cinema or not cinema" thing to rest. 

Regardless of what side you fall on, the movie opened to over $200M and is a massive win for not just Marvel and Disney, but for movie theaters and the summer box office. The very stuff that we love to track and talk about on an hourly basis. 

I'm sorry, but this isn't the time to post a bunch of doom and gloom nonsense. In the same summer, we just saw an original horror movie like Longlegs break out and finally get the horror genre out of its slump. Not only that, but M. Night Shyamalan's Trap is gonna further prove that next weekend and we have an adult drama like It Ends with Us (regardless if it's based on a popular book) do really damn well. 

There's a lot of reasons to be positive right now and we gotta stop drowning ourselves in a sea of pointless negativity because it's not gonna do anything for us. 

So, can we please move on from this whole "cinema" thing? Please? None of us became box office nerds/aficionados for this stuff. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What has been plaguing this message board has been constant franchise wars with a fresh paint of the new rise of ‘absolute cinema’ kids that non ironically think that films like Dune are less corporate driven and works of art compared with Marvel Studios joints.

Remember to watch Dune: Prophecy, premiering on HBO this November!

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The 3D is pretty good, i was shocked. Not the whole movie, but a few sequences was jaw dropping in 3D, especially the first scene.

Inside Out 2 and Minions also have pretty good 3D. 

Funny that now that the technology is in a low point, they’re making good use of it lol. 

With the success of Avatar 2 in 3D, Deadpool pulling decent numbers with 3D shows etc, maybe the technology can gain force again, now used well without just exploiting the audiences with poorly made conversions

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Remember to watch Dune: Prophecy, premiering on HBO this November!

And please enjoy this ad that I’ve got ad nauseam the last four months:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

The 3D is pretty good, i was shocked. Not the whole movie, but a few sequences was jaw dropping in 3D, especially the first scene.

Inside Out 2 and Minions also have pretty good 3D. 

Funny that now that the technology is in a low point, they’re making good use of it lol. 

With the success of Avatar 2 in 3D, Deadpool pulling decent numbers with 3D shows etc, maybe the technology can gain force again, now used well without just exploiting the audiences with poorly made conversions

First thing i noticed in Opening Credits was the quality of 3D. 

I guess when you have Marvel Jesus, everything associated with him becomes good.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 1