Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

End Game made less than 30 million bucks on its 5th weekend, I don't see how Deadpool makes 30 million bucks and it's fifth weekend off of million opening weekend

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is coming for a $200M+ opening weekend it feels like. The MCU is still alive and kicking...don't know about Thunderbolts yet but feeling Captain America and Fantastic Four will be big.

I wouldn't bet on Captain America 4 being big.

Deadpool and Wolverine is the crossover between two pretty popular characters, so I really doubt the MCU really has influence on the box office. In itsefl, it's difficult this movie will fail.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

38.5 basically locks 200M 

It needs a slightly lower multiplier than NWH and MOM to get there. No reason for this to be more frontloaded than those two, should be in the same range or even a bit better considering this is July and have actually good WOM.

• Like 2

Speaking of which, @CJohn must be thrilled that the return of Lionsflop is happening because the studio is about to drop two high-profile duds-in-waiting over the next month with Borderlands and The Crow. Just two weeks apart too! The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Might/gonna make a Deadpool & Wolverine 4th Weekend > Alien: Romulus Opening Weekend club.

I don't think Alien opens under 40 and for now it's impossible to tell how the legs on DP&W are going to be...

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

What if it's two if It Ends With Us breaks out to 40m+

I think It Ends with US will make 20-25M , i don't want to overestimatethis movie ( even if it has really good presales at his point ).

20 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Deadpool & Wolverine is gonna be #1 for six consecutive weekends before Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Two weeks max. It Ends With Us has great presales and a huge fanbase. Don't dismiss the TikTok crowd. It might collapse post OW, but the OW wil be big. And Alien will lead after that. 

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is coming for a $200M+ opening weekend it feels like. The MCU is still alive and kicking...don't know about Thunderbolts yet but feeling Captain America and Fantastic Four will be big.

I mean, ya - GOTG3 showed the MCU still had life in it. Then came The Marvels. And while Captain America SHOULD bring in more interest than Captain Marvel, the fact is that he may be Captain America, but he ain't Steve Rogers. I can't see how this isn't a huge issue, no matter how you try to spin it. It's not that Chris Evans is the draw - it's that Chris Evans as Cap is the draw, after so many years inhabiting the role. I don't think it's gonna be the catastrophe that TM was, but I still think it will be a big disappointment. 

8 minutes ago, Kon said:

I wouldn't bet on Captain America 4 being big.

Deadpool and Wolverine is the crossover between two pretty popular characters, so I really doubt the MCU really has influence on the box office. In itsefl, it's difficult this movie will fail.

What? There's no way this film would have debuted so high if it were just a Deadpool and Wolverine crossover back in the Fox era.

There's no doubt for me that being a MCU movie of Deadpool and Wolverine is really pushing the numbers.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, James said:

Two weeks max. It Ends With Us has great presales and a huge fanbase. Don't dismiss the TikTok crowd. It might collapse post OW, but the OW wil be big. And Alien will lead after that. 

It Ends With Us comfortably makes $40M OW at its max and D&W third weekend will still be above that thanks to cinemascore and WOM.

Edited by Asyulus

4 minutes ago, James said:

How funny would that be if Ryan's wife ends his run at number one for the weekend box office?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

no. This says nothing about how l ones like Cap 4 and Thunderbolts will do. Anyone who has seen this movie has said it driven entirely by fan service/nostalgia and that l’s not something that carries over to each film.

• Like 1