Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

9 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Then there should be no pearl clutching because they didn't turn up for GotG3 as they fell out of love with the franchise

people showed up for v3, it made $850 million!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Forget Deadpool 3...

Who has the balls to make a prediction for Captain America 4?

Too many variables.

And that CA 4 almost definenly takes a political stand make it even more iffy.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2024/07/box-office-deadpool-wolverine-1236022761/

FRIDAY MIDDAY UPDATE: Deadpool & Wolverine is on its way to the biggest opening for an R-rated movie with a $55M Friday that will put it around $180M, per sources, with plenty of room to grow. Keeping a pulse on walk-up business, particularly during late-night is tricky. All along this summer, Latino and Hispanic audiences have walked-up in bulk, changing the commercial prospects of tentpoles’ fates for the better, and Thursday night as we told you they repped 35% of all D&W ticket buyers.

At $180M, D&W will be the 14th best domestic opening of all-time at the box office, pegging ahead of Captain America: Civil War ($179.1M) and just below Black Panther: Wakanda Forever ($181.3M). Wakanda Forever turned in a first day/previews of $84.2M, while Civil War did $75.5M.

Edited by Bob Train

I sure as hell hope they mean a 55 million Friday that doesn't include previews LOL 

55 would put it at 93 including previews, and they're saying it's only going to do another $90 million for the rest of the weekend? Yeah I don't buy that for a second.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Forget Deadpool 3...

It's more easy to predict that movie.

1.- No one cares about the falcon as CA.

2.- The Falcon TV show reception was very soft, to put it lightly.

3.- The reception of the trailer so far is mediocre at best.

60 - 80M OW and 120-190m Total should be the expected domestic figures, all depends on the WOM once the movie releases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Wait how on earth did Girls Trip have an A+ CinemaScore? Comedies especially R rated ones usually struggle to get higher than a B+...

Have you not seen the movie? It is hilarious and quite the crowd pleaser especially for its target audience. It’s the type of film that filtered out those not likely to enjoy it. Those who would enjoy it showed up in droves and they were rewarded with a very funny time at the cinema. It’s a great film even if its primary demo is not found often around these parts.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

The Deadline update is saying $55m Friday and $180m weekend what are ppl smoking over there?

Not smoking, drinking:

800px-Common_alcoholic_beverages.jpg

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

I sure as hell hope they mean a 55 million Friday that doesn't include previews LOL 

55 would put it at 93 including previews, and they're saying it's only going to do another $90 million for the rest of the weekend? Yeah I don't buy that for a second.

God Deadline Anthony is worthless.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Forget Deadpool 3...

I would hope for WS ## but Red Hulk is no Phase 2-3 Black Widow

Should have been a vibranium plot involving Wakanda and Talokan

32 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Then there should be no pearl clutching because they didn't turn up for GotG3 as they fell out of love with the franchise

Huh? GotG3 did very well at the box office. 360M DOM 850M WW.

32 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Forget Deadpool 3...

Oh brother. 

Even if reviews/WOM are really good, I don't think it will do $100M OW or more than $500M WW

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Huh? GotG3 did very well at the box office. 360M DOM 850M WW.

It's in the context of the conversation of how "nobody expected" for GotG3 to drop or not increase from GotG2

Edited by Spidey Freak

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. That movie (as well as Maleficent 2) was treated like a no1curr leading up to its release, whereas Disney's surely going to push this like an Event (heck, even the teaser knows what it's doing - "Circle of Life" will always bring the goosebumps). Lion King remains their crown jewel. It won't be as huge as the '19 remake obviously, but wouldn't be surprised if, like Despicable Me, folks are underestimating just how powerful the brand is, especially with a Christmas holiday season lacking in 4 quad event movies (Sonic, if it's still coming out this Christmas, will have a harder time grabbing the audience size needed to reach those levels on board).

I think both Mufasa and Sonic could coexist and do well