CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-spectre-peanuts-836282

Good grief, James Bond.

The combination of the world's most famous spy and most beloved four-legged beagle, aka James Bond and Snoopy, plus a boy named Charlie Brown, are expected to bring the North American box office back to life after a brutal few weeks.

Spectre, the 24th Bond film, is tracking to gross $70-$75 million domestically, less than the $88.4 million earned by Skyfall on its first weekend in November 2012, a series best. Some believe Spectre, reteaming director Sam Mendes and star Daniel Craig, could come in at $80 million, but Sony and MGM are being far more conservative, suggesting in the high $60 million-range.

Peanuts Movie, based on Charles M. Schulz's famous comic strip, is tracking to open in the $40 million-$44 million range for Fox, but there's plenty of upside.

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

For those who have seen Spectre, how was Bautista's performance?

He says only one word. When it comes to his performance, anybody on the WWE coulda done it. Theres not much for him to do.

• Like 1

On November 3, 2015 at 10:30:12 AM, grim22 said:

The disparity in opinion between British and US critics on this movie is amazing to see. The British critics kept it at 80% almost on RT, which means that US critics have given it less than 50% approval so far. Difference in how Bond is viewed culturally maybe?

Missing 200m a possibility? That would be one of the biggest disappointments of all time 

Just now, John Marston said:

Missing 200m a possibility? That would be one of the biggest disappointments of all time

Obviously disregarding inflation here, but it has only happened for a Bond movie once before, so it's not like it would be unprecedented. I still think it will get over it (barely).

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Obviously disregarding inflation here, but it has only happened for a Bond movie once before, so it's not like it would be unprecedented. I still think it will get over it (barely).

simply because Skyfall made over 300m and was generally well liked. That would be an awful drop

On 11/3/2015, 9:30:12, grim22 said:

The disparity in opinion between British and US critics on this movie is amazing to see. The British critics kept it at 80% almost on RT, which means that US critics have given it less than 50% approval so far. Difference in how Bond is viewed culturally maybe?

I always believed that Jason Bourne can kick Bond's butt.

3 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

Ever since we re did the forums. If I change my mind on a post and don't wanna quote somebody it will not let me erase it in anyway. I can not make a post with out keeping the quote header even if i log off and log on so sorry. But this is a pointless post. 

You have to go into the source mode to get rid of it. It's annoying, but that's Invision 4 for ya.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

That's not going to happen. This is James Bond. The strength of the brand, especially with Craig, mitigates reviews that may not be great. The pompous critics who compare it unfavorably to Skyfall miss the whole point of Bond, which is to have fun and enjoy the ride.  

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

With the reviews and the crowded November, I think it needs at least 75m OW to make 200. Remember, QoS only got a 2.5x multi. This is a frontloaded franchise when they're not well liked.