CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Yeah. It can, but it depends on the international audience. This is not increasing domestic. But China...could cover it.

Seriously when 2015 is done, people will come to their senses and we will start to see China s BO separated from OS, it s just becoming as big as Dom.

I'm still flabbergasted that Skyfall made a billion.  Such a crazy unprecedented jump in popularity for Bond.

I don't think it will happen again, but I've been so very very wrong before.  I want to live in the Bondmania Renaissance.

Seriously when 2015 is done, people will come to their senses and we will start to see China s BO separated from OS, it s just becoming as big as Dom.

It's inevitable.

China is a monster.

Though people have to put it into perspective profitability wise...a dollar in China box office is like 25 cents stateside. The settlement sucks, only 34 Hollywood movies a year, and the ancillary market is non-existent.

But it's huge. It's not a question of if, but when, that China is the biggest box office territory in the world.

• Like 1

It's inevitable.

China is a monster.

Though people have to put it into perspective profitability wise...a dollar in China box office is like 25 cents stateside. The settlement sucks, only 34 Hollywood movies a year, and the ancillary market is non-existent.

But it's huge. It's not a question of if, but when, that China is the biggest box office territory in the world.

Well, 25% looks low on paper but think about this :

Studios don't spend a dime distributing & marketing their movies in China, the local chinese distributor pays for everything. ( correct me if I am wrong).

So a 100m gross is 25m of pure profit.

• Like 1

Well, 25% looks low on paper but think about this :

Studios don't spend a dime distributing & marketing their movies in China, the local chinese distributor pays for everything. ( correct me if I am wrong).

So a 100m gross is 25m of pure profit.

Interesting point...I will check and let you know tomorrow.

My gut says...not true.

Though the complete lack of a downstream means that hardly makes up for it.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

There s no backlash.

There was totally a backlash by any reasonable definition of the word. 50% of the comments on any Bond related article will be 'Skyfall's shit/overrated'. TDK had the same thing for a long time. It's the price of popularity.

Edited by Hatebox

Radiohead are the bees knees but they've ditched the big melodies for years and years now. I don't think this would work at all.

I think they'd pull it out the bag... they've covered 'Nobody Does It Better', and some of the stuff from 'In Rainbows' is pretty hummable (& beautiful). Plus Jonny Greenwood is a bona fide soundtrack composer now so he'd definitely be able to create something epic sounding (if that's the direction they go in).

My dream Bond song singer is Beth Gibbons from Portishead.... Sour Times is practically a Bond theme: