Krissykins

Weekend thread August 16th-18th Alien Romulus $6.5m previews

30 minutes ago, Avatree said:

This is still to date the only film I ever watched in the cinema that I afterwards went straight back to the counter and bought another ticket for the next showtime.

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952pbtgh4i8rqkdi8l8gn

WE NEED DEL TORO TO GIVE US PACIFIC RIM 3

It was good? I vividly remember being so pissed that i had to pay for an expensive 3D ticket and then the 3D was pretty much non-existent that in the process I forgot about the movie

Maybe i should watch now , I love the first one

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Where do you take these infos?

Real life friends 

Members of this community.... Go to the spoiler thread and you'll see a complete split in a pinion. 

And social media especially Twitter 

It was one of the most entertaining films I've seen this year so I'm on the positive side for sure.

• Like 1

Looking at the actuals, Ryan's World movie is $20 off making $420,069. I never thought I'd say this, but I regret not buying a couple of tickets.

Edited by vafrow
  • Haha 1

Just now, baumer said:

Real life friends 

Members of this community.... Go to the spoiler thread and you'll see a complete split in a pinion. 

And social media especially Twitter 

It was one of the most entertaining films I've seen this year so I'm on the positive side for sure.

Makes sense. I tend to believe legs depends more on the GA liking it than die hard fans tho. 

Ir really feels like people outside of it’s core fan base really liked it, so i think it’ll be fine.

2 hours ago, The Dark Samurai said:

Both the-numbers and Boxofficemojo are a mess. The less said about the foreign grosses at the-numbers, the better. On the other hand, BoM has obvious and silly mistakes like Black Panther's WW gross being $1.375 instead of the $1.347 it actually has, because it somehow made $27,353,641 in a 2020 re-release in Australia, after opening with $35,897. It probably didn't add $100,000 to it's total there, let alone $27 million.

I miss the prime days of BoM, when we had an authoritative source for all things box office.

I agree both have flaws though in my experience, The Numbers has been pretty good at correcting OS gross mistakes or missing figures when brought to their attention via info@nashinfoservices.com. Box Office Mojo doesn't seem as receptive to feedback.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Makes sense. I tend to believe legs depends more on the GA liking it than die hard fans tho. 

Ir really feels like people outside of it’s core fan base really liked it, so i think it’ll be fine.

In my opinion, and I could be completely wrong, but I think some of the hardcore's just aren't liking some of these so-called liberties it took whereas me being a hardcore for the first two films loved loved loved the liberties that it took.

Already said this in another thread but if Deadpool & Wolverine got Mufasa's date it probably would've entered the top 5 of all time domestic, beating out Top Gun: Maverick's $718.73M. But I guess you can use this "this blockbuster would've made more in December" logic for basically any movie. 

I think if they release Spider-Man 4 on Dec 18, 2026 it can make $600M+ DOM especially if they are smart and tie it into Doomsday/SW

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Did you hear the news today?!

New Pacific Rim TV Series Announced!

Also, I liked Uprising! I was happy Spaeny was in Romulus! Plus Merced from Transformers 5!!

On that’s awesome! I hope that ends up actually getting made. Thanks.

i don’t really remember Merced or… anything… from Transformers 5. All I remember is Merlin showing up at the start.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If Deadpool & Wolverine follows GOTG 1 (jn real time) from here on then it will finish at $657,334,574

I'm not sure exactly what calculation this is?

I have 674 following the gotg calendar comp but it should hold poorer than that. Maybe 645-665 or so at this point 

Updated international totals with actuals for Inside Out 2 and D&W:

$985,124,795 for Inside Out 2, up $1,3 million from estimates ($983,8)

Worldwide total: $1,627,589,803

$597,933,034 for D&W, up $1.1 million from estimates ($596,8)

$1,144,752,993

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

I have 674 following the gotg calendar comp but it should hold poorer than that. Maybe 645-665 or so at this point 

The equivalent to the August 16-18 weekend in 2024 was the August 15-17 weekend back in 2014. So I'm saying if DPW post fourth weekend equals GOTG post third weekend. (333-222 + 546 = 657)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

What number Are you expecting today for D&W

Two 600 Domestic Grossers and people thought this summer was going to be terrible.  "It Ends With Us" is doing gangbusters for a drama.   Great budget too. Female audiences really were looking for something amongst all these male driven films.   Plus it's based on a popular novel.   Look, "Deadpool and Wolvie" shut me up. Was it a little frontloaded? Sure but look how it's holding.  Not bad for an R-Rated Comic film.  It already surpassed "Joker" (Thought he Sequel will try to keep up).   

Congrats to "Alien: Romulus".   This film was originally going to be on streaming and it cracked out a 108 Million WW Weekend.   Good decision by Disney and 20 Century Studios to put it out.  Enjoyed the movie too.  "Borderlands" just fell really flat.  Video Games movies will always be hit or miss.  M Knight seems happy with "Trap", who am I to judge, he kept  the budget in check and it crossed 60 WW.  It's an original Thriller in a sea of sequels.  "Twisters" again has done great domestic, worldwide has been a head scratcher.   Overall August has really surprised me.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 3

4th weekend box office comparison between Deadpool and Wolverine, Inside Out 2, and Jurassic World

D&W - $30,003,064 (overall: $546,819,959)

IO2 - $30,314,459 (overall: $534,138,158)

Jurassic World - $29,242,025 (overall: $556,542,950)

The gap lead between D&W and IO2 is shrinking slowly with D&W trailing JW by almost 10 million.

Edited by Migs20242

38 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

What number Are you expecting today for D&W

Haven’t thought about it much yet, don’t usually care much about 4th weekdays or whatever. Low 3s I guess

Edited by Cooper Legion
  • Like 1