Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 13th-15th

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Anyone know why Trap jumped 72% last weekend? Seems to have held up relatively well this weekend too. Don’t think I’ve seen this kind of jump happen on a random weekend in a long time (especially after a holiday weekend).

I thought I read that WB did some double bills with Trap and BJ BJ

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Anyone know why Trap jumped 72% last weekend? Seems to have held up relatively well this weekend too. Don’t think I’ve seen this kind of jump happen on a random weekend in a long time (especially after a holiday weekend).

People are realizing it's one of the best movies this year

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, cinema pal said:

Fearless Jeremy Jahns reviewed Am I Racist. 

Comments are mostly nice, I guess it's difficult to be angry at Jeremy, very likable pal )

Matt Walsh, who i still don't know who this is and I never will, is asking the real questions. What those questions are, I couldn't tell you. But he's asking them. 

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Can’t help but wonder if this might push Jeremy Jahns into a right wing grifter. Doesn’t seem like he is very online though so maybe not?

I mean if he wanted to be a Quartering-style dude, he would have been one by now? From what I've seen, albeit as somebody who hasn't watched a video of his in ages (didn't even know he was still making reviews tbh), he just quietly does his own thing reviewing whatever new geek movie is out. Closest thing to the usual right wing schtick these YouTubers do is saying the new Star Wars shows suck, but that's not really anything all too damning lol

• Like 5

Speaking of YouTube movie reviewers past their prime, did y'all know the Nostalgia Critic is still making videos? I learned that a few weeks ago, and it's wild to see how gray this man's beard has gotten after nearly 20 years of ranting about Batman movies. 

• Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, Eric the Marxist said:

I mean if he wanted to be a Quartering-style dude, he would have been one by now? From what I've seen, albeit as somebody who hasn't watched a video of his in ages (didn't even know he was still making reviews tbh), he just quietly does his own thing reviewing whatever new geek movie is out. Closest thing to the usual right wing schtick these YouTubers do is saying the new Star Wars shows suck, but that's not really anything all too damning lol

He makes enough money off the usual stuff so no incentive to grift either. Not like he's hurting for views. 

33 minutes ago, Eric the Marxist said:

Speaking of YouTube movie reviewers past their prime, did y'all know the Nostalgia Critic is still making videos? I learned that a few weeks ago, and it's wild to see how gray this man's beard has gotten after nearly 20 years of ranting about Batman movies. 

20 years? Surely not. 

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Can’t help but wonder if this might push Jeremy Jahns into a right wing grifter. Doesn’t seem like he is very online though so maybe not?

With the way he talked about The Acolyte I think he's getting very close

Don't get me wrong, I stopped watching that show after 15 minutes. It just felt like bad television. I'm sure it was bad. So Jeremy not liking it isn't a red flag really. 

But it's the way his comment section turned into the comments sections of the right wing rage bait girfters like Critical Drinker and the Quartering or whoever else that gave me pause. And now reviewing this and praising Matt Walsh is interesting 

I think it all depends on if he caters toward that audience. Andor S2 needs to save this man lol

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

With the way he talked about The Acolyte I think he's getting very close

Don't get me wrong, I stopped watching that show after 15 minutes. It just felt like bad television. I'm sure it was bad. So Jeremy not liking it isn't a red flag really. 

But it's the way his comment section turned into the comments sections of the right wing rage bait girfters like Critical Drinker and the Quartering or whoever else that gave me pause. And now reviewing this and praising Matt Walsh is interesting 

I think it all depends on if he caters toward that audience. Andor S2 needs to save this man lol

I do think it's harlious how Critical Drinker is likely pissed as hell that Acolyte was cancelled. Trashing stuff like Acolyte, Rings of Power, and The Marvels gives him views and subscribers. No more Acolyte S2 to shit on for him.

These complainers really are wasting their lives on youtube.

Edited by Mojoguy

41 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Still waiting for them to make Shang-Chi 2.

Does not seem like it is coming anytime soon if at all. Dustin Daniel Cretton is moving on to SpiderMan 4 it seems. It is crazy. Legend of the 10 Rings was the number 2 movie of 2021 DOM behind NO Way Home.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Does not seem like it is coming anytime soon if at all. Dustin Daniel Cretton is moving on to SpiderMan 4 it seems. It is crazy. Legend of the 10 Rings was the number 2 movie of 2021 DOM behind NO Way Home.

If we still haven't gotten a sequel announcement by the end of the year, I know the Shang Chi sequel is dead. 5 years is too long for a sequel.

Edited by Mojoguy