ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Why are people rooting against Captain America 4?

They're acting like Chris Evans was fired or something.

I don't really think people is rooting against Captain America 4 (at least, on this thread).

It's just many people don't see a good amount of interest in that movie. So, there are doubts Captain America 4 will have a good box office.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Why are people rooting against Captain America 4?

They're acting like Chris Evans was fired or something.

I think it has some things going against it. A Captain America movie without Steve Rogers and following up a Disney plus show but if it is well received I am thinking it can get 500-600M

Just now, CheeseWizard said:

What the fuck?? Why is it out earlier than transformers? Is this the norm for dreamworks or something?

Universal movies typically have their movies premiere on PVOD 17 days after release. They've been doing it for like four years now.

And before you say anything, it's been proven numerous times that an early PVOD release means nothing for legs whatsoever and hasn't hurt Universal nor its movies in any way whatsoever. So yeah.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, Kon said:

I don't really think people is rooting against Captain America 4 (at least, on this thread).

It's just many people don't see a good amount of interest in that movie. So, there are doubts Captain America 4 will have a good box office.

This is exactly it. I'm rooting for the film, and will definitely see it, but I'm not particularly interested in the character of Sam Wilson (mainly because I don't care for Anthony Mackie's acting). I'm hoping everything else going on in the film is good enough to encapsulate my interests and Mackie takes the next step.

• Like 2

I think that if you've been paying attention to Quorum data, you have noticed something there and worthy data between Awareness, Interest and the Unaided Awareness. It's pretty clear that if this movie was good like the 1st, a natural sequel instead of this creative shock and completely unlike the 1st mess, this would have made big numbers. Every metric was there.

And you could see things start to get stale once word got out. Specially the closer we got. 

It just has been amazing to witness this and let this be a big warning to every studio for 2025 and 2026. Keep your employees in check, test your big movies, and make sure they're doing what you'd actually want from a sequel of a movie. Otherwise, just don't do it. Deliver what audiences want.

2 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

Universal movies typically have their movies premiere on PVOD 17 days after release. They've been doing it for like four years now.

And before you say anything, it's been proven numerous times that an early PVOD release means nothing for legs whatsoever and hasn't hurt Universal nor its movies in any way whatsoever. So yeah.

Huh, I didn’t actually know that. Pretty interesting tbh. Though now I’m just confused as to why people on Twitter bemoan when a movie gets put on PVOD a month after release. 

45 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Wild Robot's weekend is quite bad, no? So many people here claimed 150+ is locked with that OW but I don't know. 10, 15, 20 years ago it would drop 30-35% in the worst case scenario.

Because audience nowadays is too lazy to try out new stuff on big screen, even they heard they are good.

Since audience is this lazy, studio become lazy too with that completely effortless production like DM4. Many claim Minion 2 success was due to its gentleminion tiktok trend but DM4 actually made about the same money as Minion 2 despite having almost zero tiktok trend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CheeseWizard said:

Huh, I didn’t actually know that. Pretty interesting tbh. Though now I’m just confused as to why people on Twitter bemoan when a movie gets put on PVOD a month after release. 

Because most people don't actually know how the box office works. Simple as that really.