filmpalace

Weekend Thread | October 11 - 13

18 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Awful parents to be taking their kids to see this…

I usually go with my lady friend to movies and she brings her daughter but I told her I don’t think we should bring her daughter to Terrifier 3 when we see it lol

Edited by eddyxx

11 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

I guess many theaters had mostly evening showings? That's why. Maybe will add more now.

I know my locals only started showtimes around 1:30 and of all the showtimes they're largely from 7-9. I think the theaters were smart to allocate the times that way since it seems to be a nighttime movie. 

I don't know if anyone said that :

The Apprentice : B-

My Hero Academia : A-

Piece By Piece : A

Saturday Night : B+

Terrifier 3 : B

Great Cinemascore for Terrifier and even excellent for this genre of Movie

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

HOLY SHIT night walkups. $6.2M fri. literally doubled from 5pm onward. That rarely happens.

With a stable Sat and 40% drop for Sun ( maybe 35% with semi Holiday Mon impact) , it will be around 18,5-19M OW . The forth biggest horror movie opening of the year after AQP Day One , Alien and LongLegs.

• Like 1

My teenage kid asked if we could see Terrifier last night. He has zero interest in movies just loves video games.  The you need to see it now because its so shocking marketing is working.  Hats off to the marketing team.  Also, Terrifier has one of the XD screens at my local Cinemark, 

10 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

See that's the thing. I don't get why CBM fans are upset that the 10th live action version of the Joker was a bit different. CBM fans are so used to getting catered too, it's a problem now.

Discussions about comic accuracy in DC movies are funny to me, considering how much these characters have changed over their almost 100 years of publication. The accurate versions of Superman, Batman and Joker don’t exist, and I just assume people who argue about that aren’t actually comic book readers. 

1 hour ago, filmpalace said:

I'm really curious to see how much Terrifier 3 will affect Smile 2's OW. I feel like everyone is talking about Terrifier and no one about Smile 2. The reactions from early screenings were fairly positive, so maybe Paramount can use them to ramp up marketing in the final week.

People dont really like EmpireCity around here because he is a d-bag but he did tweet out Smile 2 pre-sales werent good and he is usually right when he flags a movie as having poor presales.   I do think Terrifier is hurting Smile.  Terrifier has all the buzz and feels like Smile is an afterthought. 

4 hours ago, fmpro said:

Where can one stream the first two movies of this clown?

The first movie is free on Tubi and the 2nd movie is usually on Tubi as well.  Thats how I saw the first two.

Edited by JimmyB