Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

12 hours ago, John Marston said:

the budget was probably small but after reshoots it will probably be way higher

Even then it’s probably hovering around 100 million or less. The film is set in an asylum, an enclosed location. This will be more of a body/psychological horror with character work 

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

$100m is far too much for that kind of project.  That's 3x more than IT

and 3x less general appeal

Plus it goes up against Fast&Furious spin-off, Dora, something by WB, and then Artemis Fowl a week later. This ain't gonna be X Men's GOTG

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

This film will come out about the same time that the 4th and final film in the Divergent series hits the big screen.

At least it's looking that way. 

It will come out, and probably be forgotten within two weeks.

Look, it was an interesting idea for a X Men film, but it seems to have been really screwed up  in the making.

And, as usual, the fanboys are trying to minimize what freaking mess the making of this film has become.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, TalismanRing said:

$100m is far too much for that kind of project.  That's 3x more than IT

It makes sense considering the extensive reshoots and it’s not even that crazy of a budget with that in mind. This can easily pass 300m with good word of mouth. 

On 10/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, dudalb said:

It will come out, and probably be forgotten within two weeks.

Look, it was an interesting idea for a X Men film, but it seems to have been really screwed up  in the making.

And, as usual, the fanboys are trying to minimize what freaking mess the making of this film has become.

There’s nothing to substantiate any of this as if you’ve been personally behind the scenes 

The making of this film has been a mess, if ever there was one.

Sometimes a good film can actually emerge from a mess, but to deny that the making of New Mutants has been  packed with mistakes and major misteps. is foolish.

But then, I note that fanboys often live in their own  litter realities.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

The making of this film has been a mess, if ever there was one.

Sometimes a good film can actually emerge from a mess, but to deny that the making of New Mutants has been  packed with mistakes and major misteps. is foolish.

But then, I note that fanboys often live in their own  litter realities.

Can you point to these mistakes and misteps? Otherwise it’s just conjecture 

50 minutes ago, RedX said:

Can you point to these mistakes and misteps? Otherwise it’s just conjecture 

Massive reshoots and delays usually mean mistakes were made.

I am not saying that the film will suck..it always possible that surgery will save the patient...but todny this film has not had huge problems is just plain silly.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am not saying that the film will suck..it always possible that surgery will save the patient...but todny this film has not had huge problems is just plain silly.

Ok, I’m out on a limb here ...but maybe massive reshoots mean..,he made a good yet not marketable movie?

No, I am not saying Snyder Cut was good or even existed.  Or that even happens.  Ever, even here.  Just stirring the pot.

But what if...Josh Tranks Fantastic Four wasn’t terrible?  M Night would like to know.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DAJK said:

Josh Boone still made a really good TFIOS tho. He ain't incompetent

I don't think competence is a problem here but more of SS situation - the studio doens't know what they want from this movie. SH? Horror? Mix? I remember that SS's problem was that Ayer wanted one tone and WB wanted GOTG tone and the hybrid sucked ass.

Either way, this thing is gonna be lucky to make 300M WW. There's no way it has a WOM that pushes it to 300M dom and comparison to IT is laughable. IT is iconic. These people are obscure and this is not MCU whose brand is strong enough to turn most obscure characters into decent hits (Ant Man, wasp) or mega hits (GOTG). On top of that, it's getting released on the same day with Hobbs&Shaw and some other things. It'll be lucky to be #2 for that weekend before it falls off the cliff. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 7:21 PM, dudalb said:

In other words, conjecture. If reports are true, Boone will be able to realize his full vision for the project now. The end could be great and all of this is a wash

On 10/11/2018 at 8:59 AM, Valonqar said:

I don't think competence is a problem here but more of SS situation - the studio doens't know what they want from this movie. SH? Horror? Mix? I remember that SS's problem was that Ayer wanted one tone and WB wanted GOTG tone and the hybrid sucked ass.

Either way, this thing is gonna be lucky to make 300M WW. There's no way it has a WOM that pushes it to 300M dom and comparison to IT is laughable. IT is iconic. These people are obscure and this is not MCU whose brand is strong enough to turn most obscure characters into decent hits (Ant Man, wasp) or mega hits (GOTG). On top of that, it's getting released on the same day with Hobbs&Shaw and some other things. It'll be lucky to be #2 for that weekend before it falls off the cliff. 

They’re going horror. Suicide Squad didn’t have the luxury of being retooled and reshot like this movie, just chopped up in the editing room.

You make it sound like 300m is hard to achieve for an X-men spinoff films when the box office records show otherwise. If they can market this well and have a good movie on their hands, they can surpass that, especially with the horror genre and it’s targeted demographic

37 minutes ago, TMP said:

They've not done the reshoots on this yet? Damn.

There have been no reports, it's coming out in August anyway. So they have time, actors availability was why the reshoots hadn't happened yet but who knows. I'd be really surprised if the reshoots won't also be a way to tie it into the MCU, can't see Disney passing up that opportunity no matter how much we're being told "they can't do anything with those characters yet". Several trades have said the film IS good but that Fox obviously wanted to ride the IT wave and amp up the scares. 

We'll see, I trust Boone. If it goes to streaming, why not, Disney + won't be some cheap service where low quality stuff goes, considering all the cool content they have in store. TNM probably has a budget below 100 M, if this somehow guarantees possible sequels instead of it being a one-off, I'm cool with it