Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

This is whats going down, im sure....   Fox is gonna green light ALOT less movies and play it safe until Disney takes control.

- Spread your current franchise movies out more. Instead of spending 200m on a Summer movie for next year, just move X-men there.

- Instead of buying or producing some horror movie for October, just move New Mutants there.

- Fox already has a few some smaller films in July and August but nothing in May  so move Deadpool forward. All makes sense. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

This is whats going down, im sure....   Fox is gonna green light ALOT less movies and play it safe until Disney takes control.

- Spread your current franchise movies out more. Instead of spending 200m on a Summer movie for next year, just move X-men there.

- Instead of buying or producing some horror movie for October, just move New Mutants there.

- Fox already has a few some smaller films in July and August but nothing in May  so move Deadpool forward. All makes sense. 

Their big SH movie is staying in November and New Mutants is moving to Feb though :thinking:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Their big SH movie is staying in November and New Mutants is moving to Feb though :thinking:

I think they chose February because it's in the same spot where Get Out performed well and a week before Logan's release spot.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 4

Just now, grim22 said:

hahahahah I didn't even look at the dates I just assumed where they were moving things. Same thing applies though.

They have nothing in the first quarter of next year. They have a few films this one.

They dont have a big movie this fall besides xmen so it can stay. They might already be filming or getting ready to grreenlight one blockbuster for next summer. So they dont disappear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I think they chose February because it's in the same spot where Get Out performed well and a week before Logan's release spot.

Also, Anna Taylor-Joy in Glass will just be done in theaters.

• Astonished 1

Just now, Kraken said:

Also, Anna Taylor-Joy in Glass will just be done in theaters.

shit I just realized that too.  I wonder if they're banking on Glass turning her into a star and are hoping to capitalize off of that.  that'd make some more sense as to why they pushed it back 10 months other than it not being scary enough.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

New Mutants going for that Get Out/Black Panther release date

It's also a month after Glass. Maybe they're thinking ATJ's performance there could help boost New Mutants.

That said, what are the odds of this movie actually coming out on Feb 22? I could easily see another move happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

shit I just realized that too.  I wonder if they're banking on Glass turning her into a star and are hoping to capitalize off of that.  that'd make some more sense as to why they pushed it back 10 months other than it not being scary enough.

Glass is probably the second non-Fox movie that the X Men could use as huge hits after Ready Player One.

I found one review on Letterboxd that was embargoed but describe it as a comic book indie film

https://letterboxd.com/jamesbond007/film/the-new-mutants/1/

step away Batman v. Superman.

Um excuse me, BvS isn't an indie Cbm, it's a German expressionist film. It's a way of life. It's the Jesus of cinema.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1