Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Apparently, they've been doing test screenings for a bit. Maybe it didn't test well. 

This is definitely possible. I had got a screening invite for a week ago, maybe the feedback was just awful. Kind of surprised they didn't take the President's Day 5-6 day OW instead of the week after though.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This news is just BAFFLING to me.  The movie was, presumably, finished or close to being finished.  

If they're not planning massive reshoots or something, then this just makes no sense.

Thinking about it, perhaps one possibility is that they watched the movie and it's not good, and thus they said "heh, lets save it for after the Disney deal is finalized".

Reminds me of GI Joe 2, dont think that one had reshoots either. Think they sensed a bomb in April, two weeks before Avengers. Not sure it'll do better in Feb, two weeks before Capt Marvel, but hey

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Reminds me of GI Joe 2, dont think that one had reshoots either. Think they sensed a bomb in April, two weeks before Avengers. Not sure it'll do better in Feb, two weeks before Capt Marvel, but hey

It had reshoots, they bumped up Tatum's role and changed the entire third act in that movie.

• Like 1