Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I just made the same argument earlier. If you want to come after someone, come after me. Otherwise keep these types of comments to yourself. You're just :stirthepot:Thanks.

I have no quarrel with you. I do with rtx. I'm tired of his negativity. He needs to stop posting stupid crap.

$150m is an amazing opening. $170m would be out of this world.This is a more family friendly film than each superheroes solo efforts so I think it may have pretty good legs on it's way to $400m.Time will tell of course!

I am bit troubled over how it is below IM2 in ticket sales for Friday day.Like I ask everyone it was well ahead of it in every theater.I do not know but in Canada, TA likley easily sold way way more tickets then IM2...

I remember after DH2 came out and broke the OW record there was a huge influx of trolls, both pro- and anti- Potter. The boards were unbearable for like a month

Actually I don't blame her this time. I hate her early numbers and stupid weekend estimates and she has no talent in writing whatsoever, but now she post what she gets from the studio. I think TA is underestimated, because the walk-ins will be stronger. 70m will happen, but don't expect it to go up by 8m. Forget 75m.

Personally I think the reports are bullshit. It's hitting $70+ million today. Forget about the weekend though, I'm more curious about its total. I think it has a legit shot at $500m. Haven't seen a crowd have that much fun at a movie since Ledger's Joker. Hulk was off the charts amazing and there was plenty of other great acting and humor along with a killer third act.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 2

Personally I think the reports are bullshit. It's hitting $70+ million today. Forget about the weekend though, I'm more curious about its total. I think it has a legit shot at $500m. Haven't seen a crowd have that much fun at a movie since Ledger's Joker. Hulk was off the charts amazing and there was plenty of other great acting and humor along with a killer third act.

I think it does too. I didn't think it was a particularly great movie, but it's the very definition of a crowd pleaser.

Dunno about 500M just yet. But I agree with the rest of it

I remember after DH2 came out and broke the OW record there was a huge influx of trolls, both pro- and anti- Potter. The boards were unbearable for like a month

I can still remember the 3 anti-Potters...

Dunno about 500M just yet. But I agree with the rest of it

I'm just saying I think it has a legit shot based on what I witnessed tonight in that crowd. I'm no Marvel fanboy, but WOM about the Hulk in this movie is going to be off the charts similar to the Joker in TDK. That's the kind of electrifying character that can elevate a movie's legs in a big way. Plus this movie has a kickass climax too.

Ok, I deserve my crow. Bring it on. You guys were right, and I was wrong.But DAMN...what kind of world is this in which an OPENING DAY of over 60 million is "underwhelming" and "disappointing"? The film has made over 300 million dollars in a little over what, nine days? And it's clearly a success---a major one---already, why does it have to break every record known to man? Enjoy the fact that the film was made, it turned out to be a solid film, and it's a smash, any way you slice it.

• Like 7

I was fucking banned on BOM a few days before DH2 passed a billion. That slut, Algren. He pretended to be someone else while trying to provoke me.

Well it didn't really help that you insulted anybody who dared criticize Potter or praise Transformers.
  • Like 1

I don't get why people get so pissed at low-ball estimates -- even if the person doesn't like the movie and is trying to spin the numbers badly, if their guesstimates are wrong, then they're wrong. The final numbers don't lie... and it's always good to have a range of opinions, no matter how negative or positive.

Ok, I deserve my crow. Bring it on. You guys were right, and I was wrong.But DAMN...what kind of world is this in which an OPENING DAY of over 60 million is "underwhelming" and "disappointing"? The film has made over 300 million dollars in a little over what, nine days? And it's clearly a success---a major one---already, why does it have to break every record known to man? Enjoy the fact that the film was made, it turned out to be a solid film, and it's a smash, any way you slice it.

LOL Welcome back.
  • Like 1