Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

200Mio is within reach. It's a long way from here, but it's doable and not a ridiculous prediction anymore. Look at Spider Man 3s sunday drop. And remember how IMAX is a bigger factor now than 5 years ago, so "The Avengers" could even drop better.It just needs to jump 7% on Saturday and drop by 20% on Sunday and wouldn't it be an incredibly nice story, that a Marvel movie would open to that magical number, exactly one decade after another Marvel movie crossed the 100Mio mark for the first time?

• Like 1

I continue to use the prices provided by the Consumerist, adjusted for inflation

I calculate about 52m :SThen again i dont know if what im calculating is the same thing. This is friday day totals if there was no 3D Edited by eXtacy

200Mio is within reach. It's a long way from here, but it's doable and not a ridiculous prediction anymore. Look at Spider Man 3s sunday drop. And remember how IMAX is a bigger factor now than 5 years ago, so "The Avengers" could even drop better.It just needs to jump 7% on Saturday and drop by 20% on Sunday and wouldn't it be an incredibly nice story, that a Marvel movie would open to that magical number, exactly one decade after another Marvel movie crossed the 100Mio mark for the first time?

TA won't even need a Saturday jump. It just needs Spiderman 3 like drops and it's at $200m. Edited by lilmac