Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I thought you were allowed to swear here, i'm sure i read Shawn say that.

You are. If swearing warranted a ban, I and many others would be LONG gone after today. :/ Edited by Heretic

Well, Ecstasy, if you didn't, then I'm sorry for wrongfully accusing you. Anyway, I don't like being treated like a dog on a leash. I did not appreciate getting a warning from Neo because I forgot to use the spoiler tag for the first time on here.

Tele, please, it`s laughable that TA`s shot at Avatar or Titanic is dismissed despite insane opening while sight unseen TH is expected to reach Avatar numbers just because it`s a prequel to LOTR which were 3 movies that didn`t go the way of Titanic and Avatar in their hayday. I`m really sick of double standard that always treats the Gelding`s Tolkien opus as the done deal while everything else isn`t a sure thing even when there`s some strong evidence that crazy shit is happening.

Is it?, it has no chance imo.

Noctis, it is temporary isn't it?

OK, I`m lost. i`ve been here all the time in the last 15 min and have no clue WTF happened. Noctis was swearing, I missed that, must have bene blink or you`ll miss it...well, I blinked, and now he`s gettign banned. I`m bummed.

Best WOM ever? Maybe in terms of total reach because of how accessible social media now is. But this is so naive to say TDK's WOM wasn't stronger ESP when it sold more overall tickets and had stellar holds we have yet to see week by week from TA. I don't cry, I just state facts thanks kid.

Is Anne Hatheway dead yet? You better kill Anne to assure the numbers you're imagining in your head, sir.

OK, I`m lost. i`ve been here all the time in the last 15 min and have no clue WTF happened. Noctis was swearing, I missed that, must have bene blink or you`ll miss it...well, I blinked, and now he`s gettign banned. I`m bummed.

It was yesterday.

Well, Ecstasy, if you didn't, then I'm sorry for wrongfully accusing you.

Anyway, I don't like being treated like a dog on a leash. I did not appreciate getting a warning from Neo because I forgot to use the spoiler tag for the first time on here.

:mouthdropped:

Do you have a formula you use to figure this stuff out? TDK had IMAX as well. How did you get 180m?

Yeah, take the most recently provided ticket prices, use the inflation factor to find out what the prices were in 2008 for 2D and IMAX. We have the IMAX OW figure for TDK, so we can find out the true # of tickets sold in 2D and in IMAX. Take those #s and multiply by current ticket price.

Tele, please, it`s laughable that TA`s shot at Avatar or Titanic is dismissed despite insane opening while sight unseen TH is expected to reach Avatar numbers just because it`s a prequel to LOTR which were 3 movies that didn`t go the way of Titanic and Avatar in their hayday. I`m really sick of double standard that always treats the Gelding`s Tolkien opus as the done deal while everything else isn`t a sure thing even when there`s some strong evidence that crazy shit is happening.

You're seriously obsessed. First of all, I never even mentioned TH. Secondly, who on earth is predicting TH to do AVATAR-like numbers? Show me one person.
  • Like 3

I have no idea WTF happened either.

Is Anne Hatheway dead yet? You better kill Anne to assure the numbers you're imagining in your head, sir.

Listening at all to how much TDK adjusts to and with a less IMax and no 3d share? It's really close so your argument was its the best ever and you sound like a clown honestly