Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

This is just stunning. The drops on the weekend are iconic. 100 mill 2nd weekend even with Imax loss looks all but assured.

Yes it is. It's heading for a SM1/TDK type of run, which means $700m is very much on the table.

Woaaaa.. Thats a BKB prediction on speed

This is just stunning. The drops on the weekend are iconic. 100 mill 2nd weekend even with Imax loss looks all but assured.

I`m hoping and praying it survives the IMAX blunder and delivers us over $100 mio record.

Considering it only had 2nd weekend drops of only 39% and 43% in Australia and the UK respectively with the very positive WOM there is a very solid chance of a sub 50% drop for the north american market next weekend. It should be noted that those are the normal weekend drops and that it opened a day earlier then normal in both countries.

Considering it only had 2nd weekend drops of only 39% and 43% in Australia and the UK respectively with the very positive WOM there is a very solid chance of a sub 50% drop for the north american market next weekend. It should be noted that those are the normal weekend drops and that it opened a day earlier then normal in both countries.

That definitely skews the Australian hold. Not to mention its opening was a public holiday.

I've read this: "Warner Bros. has a deal with IMAX for 20 movies this year, Dark Shadows being one of them. So, Avengers will not have IMAX for this weekend, but it could have it the week after. The same thing happened with The Hunger Games when Wrath of the Titans came out. It had it the first week, lost it the second and then got it back on its 3rd or 4th week."

Well, I can see this working in favor of The Avengers. It could make people boycott Dark Shadows and wait for The Avengers come back to the IMAX screenings the week after.

Without IMAX and IMAX 3D premiums, this Dark Shadows deal will definitely hurt TA's 2nd weekend. Edited by lilmac

with 206M+ OW, It at least tied TDK/SM3 in admissions and most likely surpassed them.

Happy to see after the DH2 fiasco last year where it was 5th or 6th in admissions and broke the record solely because of 3D and inflation. It's good to see the admissions record is actually the dollar record again.
  • Like 3

Eh, not really. I'm just looking at the holds and it is very obvious that stunning WOM has kicked in immediately. The Saturday increase and Sunday drop are both incredible.

I was'ent being negative about it at all..A BKB prediction are a posetiv spin these days you know

That definitely skews the Australian hold. Not to mention its opening was a public holiday.

Yes, but UK is still great. And Mexico fell only 45% after the record breaking OW. Not counting all the other sub-50 frops.