Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Justice League is a bad idea now, they shouldve capitalized years ago, though that casting wouldve been awful. But all JL would be to audiences is a "copycat", Avengers was so well crafted, i dont see how JL tops it, i really dont even know how TA2 will top that! Plus the JL characters are a little more unrealistic than TA characters which may give off a "campy" feel, though maybe im just think about GL too much. Either way i think if JL is made, it wont share this TA success, especially without Wheedons one liners. :lol:

Warner Bros is so clueless when it comes to superheroes. It's tragic because they're sitting on a potential goldmine.There only ace is Nolan and he will be moving on eventually.WB should just let Marvel Studios handle their shit and watch the royalty checks pour in.

I remember when this thread started, it was whether the intitial figures from nikki would be enough to take the OW record down... it's now got to not whether the record is falling but more along the lines of by how much. This is a record I just don't seeing beat again this year... (especially if that 68m+ stands for saturday - loving that number). you know conceivably TDKR could take the OD record and miss the OW record in this scenario. Go TA - as far as I am concerned it's possibly the best comic book film i've seen on the big screen if not ever. This is going to be very very very tough act to follow for TDKR.

This man knows his shit.

Well I'm a child of the 1980's, the 1st Superman film changed the Superhero Genre so it will always be #1 to me. Batman 89 revitalized the genre also so it has to get the nod at 2nd place. "The Dark Knight" was a superhero masterpiece so it comes in at 3rd, I can't put it over Batman 89 cause Keaton was a better batman and I liked Jack's Joker better even though Heath's is right there. The Avengers is now in 4th place cause it was pure Comic Joy from start to finish. Spider-man 2 was just an amazing movie and Blade was all sort of awesome, probably had the best opening of any comic movie.

70M for Saturday would completely obliterate SM3's Saturday. In fact it would be highest Saturday admission wise. :shades::excited: :excited: :excited::shades:

It would be about even with SM1's Saturday. Any higher and it's the record

The Avengers thread has changed so much from November, people were predicting 350M, under IM2 totals, and etc. NONE of us, well okay there was many some one, knew that we would be sitting here this weekend 6 months later witnessing these unprecedented numbers!

ShawnMR is foresighted enough to update the server of the forums earlier on. Otherwise it might not be able to handle the traffic coming in this wknd.

Yeah it's all been smooth sailing. This weekend on the old servers would have been hell

Wow... does everyone realise that The Avengers will have:Outgrossed The Incredible Hulk in 2 daysWill outgross Captain America, Thor in 3 days (could be within 30m of both films after only 2 days )Should easily surpasse both Iron Man films by the end of the 2nd weekend (if not before)So we start a thread on the litany of records that The Avengers is going to be breaking over the next few weeks, possibly longer ;) ??