Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

The film had plenty of heart. Protagonists don't need to monologue for audiences to feel for them. Sorry that you didn't.

Seeing certain fanbases getting desperate because of The Avengers OW is priceless. Not even $200M could pay for that. :)

Avatar goes down folks. Believe it. This is a massive four quadrant hit, made $200 mio in only 3 days, reviews and WOM are spectacular, audience reactions during the movie indicate highest level of enjoyment, first real must-see next is SWAT on May 29 (yeah,yeha, I know that Battleship and MIB3 cut into its audience but I doubt great buzz and ability to cut TA`s legs).

No chance of Titanic going down nevermind AVATAR.

We have this breaking news update, a message being delivered by Christopher Nolan on the Batman Channel:

On this day, May 6, 2012 — a date which will live in infamy — the United Nolanites of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by cinematic forces of the Marvel Empire.

That would be NOlanfans on Batman channel. Nolan is above silly fanboy competition.

This is a beastI loving the fact a movie has chance to beat Avatar.You are just worried that Cameron might loose the highest grossing film.Why do people Avatar is all caps?

This is a beastI loving the fact a movie has chance to beat Avatar.You are just worried that Cameron might loose the highest grossing film.Why do people Avatar is all caps?

If this manages a $100M 2nd weekend, then I will believe Avatar has a chance of going down, until then, it's just a pipe-dream.

Absolutely. Either way, at least TDK is a toast. At this pace, TA can`t miss $500 mio and I don`t mean crawling to $500 mio like THG is crawling towards $400 mio.

I don't agree about TDK (i sound like a Nolanite now), $500mil is what i see TA making.

This is a beastI loving the fact a movie has chance to beat Avatar.You are just worried that Cameron might loose the highest grossing film.

Even Cameron isn`t worried but fanboys will be fanboys.I honestly don`t see how TA won`t get there. With $300 mio in the kitty after 2 weeks and enough gas in the tank to sly to Asgard and back, makes sense to me. Multipliers be damn. Some movies are just crazy and cannot be explained rationally.

I'm not worried at all Dexter, AVATAR will be atleast $1.5 billion ahead of TA worldwide. TDK fans really need to let the AVATAR hate go, its been 2 years ffs.

Avatar goes down folks. Believe it. This is a massive four quadrant hit, made $200 mio in only 3 days, reviews and WOM are spectacular, audience reactions during the movie indicate highest level of enjoyment, first real must-see next is SWAT on May 29 (yeah,yeha, I know that Battleship and MIB3 cut into its audience but I doubt great buzz and ability to cut TA`s legs).

If TA has the same multiplier as Avatar, it will end up with close to 2bio !!Gone with the Wind and Star Wars (both adjusted) are so going down :lol:srsly.: 600 is the ceiling Edited by chaos

Fun thing is Nolan does not care.

That`s what I`m saying. if anyone broadcast something as stupid as that, it would be fanboys, not directors since they don`t give a shit, they respect each other, pull for one another and are even good buddies.

Avatar, NO, but it only needs a 3x to match Titanic. With the WOM this is getting I'd say that's very doable. It will be well passed the half way mark after next weekend

Avatar, NO, but it only needs a 3x to match Titanic. With the WOM this is getting I'd say that's very doable. It will be well passed the half way mark after next weekend

It will need a 3.3X to beat Titanic because of the 3D release. $600M is attainable, but reaching Titanic now is going to be a challenge.