Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Thats delusional, it really is Fishnets.

No, it would have been dellusional if TA didn`t have amazing response from all demographics. Also, it opened twice as big as Spiderman which ended up in $404 mio range. TDK has over $50 mio on top of Spidey opening and made $533 mio. Both movies had very good to incredible reviews and great audience response. So with TA opening at $200 mio (which is about $50 mio on top of TDK`s, it should reach at least $600 mio if not pass Titanic. If it behaves like TDK/SM. if it Titanics/Avatars, than Avatar is a toast.

The parallels between this and 2002 are pretty creepy if TA has any type of legs. Marvel movie shatters the OW record that a Potter film held for less than a year. The Marvel movie goes on to win the year upsetting the pre-season favorite (Clones, TDKR)? And a Tolkien book that is adapted to film opens in December (Two Towers, The Hobbit).

Absolutely. Either way, at least TDK is a toast. At this pace, TA can`t miss $500 mio and I don`t mean crawling to $500 mio like THG is crawling towards $400 mio.

You are a girl, aren't you? :)It's great seeing feminine support on Marvel heroes.

Avengers word mouth it has a chance. I honestly hopes it beats Avengers it would be great to have a new highest grossing film. Box records are meant to be broken.

Why do do all caps for Avatar?

It started on another forum years ago, i thought the film was called A.V.A.T.A.R. until a year or so before it was released. :D

I don't want this to beat Titanic. Just doesn't seem right.

Sure it does. Stop being like Noctis and Batman fanboys. This box office history right now. I want The Avengers to beat Titanic. Titanic going to fall. Why not have an amazing film surpass it.

The parallels between this and 2002 are pretty creepy if TA has any type of legs. Marvel movie shatters the OW record that a Potter film held for less than a year. The Marvel movie goes on to win the year upsetting the pre-season favorite (Clones, TDKR)? And a Tolkien book that is adapted to film opens in December (Two Towers, The Hobbit).

If it plays out like this and it does seem likely, Mav nailed it. :lol:

The thing about this opening is that it has an A+ cinemascore. Avengers is going to do what Spiderman 3 should have done if it was as good as 2. It's going to make a real run for some very lofty numbers. There's no reason for this to crumble. It's the kind of film that will bring in people more than once or twice and it will certainly get the average joe consumer to check it out too. 600 is not a long shot, in fact, it looks realistic. Avatar? I'll hold off on saying this will get a 4 multiplier off an opening weekend record, but who knows. The wom is insane.

• Like 1

For me, this is among one of the most impressive OW's ever, and to think we had THG open impressively, just a couple of months ago. 2012 is a truly insane year.

And most likely TDKR wil also open with a crazy 180-185 million....

I am a TDK/Nolan fan, an Avatar/Cameron fan and an Avengers/Marvel. For some reason I am starting to believe that I can't be that because the Universe isn't ready to accept someone who likes all 3 :lol:

Then this Universe will have to reject me too.TDK intensityAvatar scopeAvengers extravaganza.I take all of them!
  • Like 1

The thing about this opening is that it has an A+ cinemascore. Avengers is going to do what Spiderman 3 should have done if it was as good as 2. It's going to make a real run for some very lofty numbers. There's no reason for this to crumble.

Completely agree with that.