Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Yeah, but I'm not using those average ticket prices, I'm using the average current 2D and average IMAX price.http://consumerist.c...ket-prices.htmlThose, with inflation applied. Not BOM's average price (which is actually just the 2011 fourth quarter average).If it increases to 205M, I think you can definitively say it matched (and possibly topped) TDK in attendance, but is still short of SM3's 22M.

Did you factor in IMAX for SM3?

Twitter is still very strong too. Maybe fudging wont be necessary at all.205mio would bury those rumors..

Yep. Avengers is a hot ticket today. I gotta think that the fall off after sun down will be pretyy high though. It is Sunday after all.

You should report yourself then, your posts have been all over the place lately. :D

I don`t attack posters personaly. Sorry that you took Brit bashing to heart but you guys produced some hacks and didn`t try to at least throw a rotten egg at them during the red carpet or something. I have a point.

Our resident Paul the Octopus Neo duh! Oh, don`t you worry, he doesn`t predict Avatar numbers for AUJ, just super insane huge one so that TABA can pass Avatar by the logic of last-movie-ever-that-happens-to-be-action-packed-outgrosses-part 1-by-a-large-margin.

Neo and BJ insanely overpredict every single movie. And since I'm not either of them, why would you bring up TH at all, in a discussion about TA, TDK, TITANIC, and AVATAR?

I completely disagree with the notion that Nolan doesn't want his movies to be seen as comic book flicks. They are oozing with comic book characters and storylines.

I like both Nolans Batmans but i do get the sense of 'real world' films that just happen to star Batman, nothing wrong with that though, the films are very good.

It is sad, but it is the truth. Ledger's death was what lead TDK to become this extremely overrated mess. Batman Begins is the best live action Batman movie, TDK is a turd with some bright moments and people keep having that movie as the best just because it made more bank. Sad, wrong but not even far from the truth.

You have no credibility and pretty cocky saying your opinion is the right one when few share it,

Neo and BJ insanely overpredict every single movie. And since I'm not either of them, why would you bring up TH at all, in a discussion about TA, TDK, TITANIC, and AVATAR?

cause you always defend those bloody movies so I mistook you for an overpredictor and Ringestapo.

So I guess Jack... I loved Heath so much in A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountian that the only way I would venture to see TDK, a completely different genre, is because of his death as some sort of last goodbye? It makes no sense, you and anyone who makes that argument is clueless

To be fair, many big Nolan/TDK fans on here agree that his death had an effect on its gross, obviously it didn't double its gross or anything though.

I don`t attack posters personaly. Sorry that you took Brit bashing to heart but you guys produced some hacks and didn`t try to at least throw a rotten egg at them during the red carpet or something. I have a point.

lol its alright love, i find a lot of your posts entertaining.

To be fair, many big Nolan/TDK fans on here agree that his death had an effect on its gross, obviously it didn't double its gross or anything though.

Thank you! Poeple are talking like HL`s death earned TDK $300 mio on top of BB`s $200 mio. That`s just insane and not true. Heck, POTC:AWE definitely saw some millions shaved off its gross thanks to pissing off Sparrabeth shippers, but it lost over $100 mio in comparison to DMC because the movie was pure garbage. Even crazy shippers couldn`t sink it that much without actual suckage.So my point is, HL dead or alive, TDK was insane because it rocked. Edited by fishnets

So I guess Jack... I loved Heath so much in A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountian that the only way I would venture to see TDK, a completely different genre, is because of his death as some sort of last goodbye? It makes no sense, you and anyone who makes that argument is clueless

It makes sense. When someone dies everything it's... better. Case in point how people treated Ledger's Joker before his death, people were talking down the movie day in and out, as soon he was dead, it was brilliant even before anyone had seen it. It build momentum for TDK, something BB didn't have but deserved it way more.If you don't have that good of a memory, just look at more recent deaths like Michael Jackson's. Suddenly he's a martyr, a saint. People naturally cheer for the underdog, having someone doing their last performance in the big screen qualifies as some sort of morbid underdog scenario.

Another day and after countless hrs i catch up again...lolI can't believe only a few days ago you guys were bickering over a tiny little word like LOCKED and its meaning....yeah so happy i had faith in this filmthe way i see it iron man captain america thor ...hulk , black widow who was impressive in IM it was a win win for me as a fan so i had no qualms about his threadthaaaaat said no way is this beating titanic or avatar , leave cameron alone okkkk he's king of the world 'nuff said!