CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

WED JULY 18, 4 PM UPDATE:"I'm on vacation but my sources tell me Warner Bros' "Dark Knight Rises" is shaping up to be a force at the box-office, but not enough to break the records set by Disney/Marvel's "The Avengers". More updates to follow."

"'This is a great number' one rival studio exec phoned me. 'It has a real shot at the record' another exec emailed me."

Anyway, speaking of Friday numbers... Here's hoping for TA to hit at least $29,980,627 today so it'll reach $300m in 8 days and keep the 2 day edge streak going over TDK.

Not only is that number important for today, but that's also pretty much the mark for whether it will make $100M or not this weekend.

Well, how do we know it's making 30M on Friday?

How do we know it's not making more than $30m for Friday? We don't, numbers this early are always pretty much a guess. I'm just saying if she's gonna throw out 30m for Friday the weekend would end up right around $100m following a realistic 40% Sat increase, 35% Sun drop.