CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

I lost respect for Variety. What kind of numpties think its Saturday and Sunday combine will be less than 46M. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A better question is why are they looking at the week-to-week drop from Friday including midnight? You have to take midnight out of it and then run the same percentage drop for Saturday and Sunday. In this case, it's 53% rather than the 64% they were talking about. Even with a 53% drop for the weekend, it ends up at $97.5 million. I think it will end up around $105m.

Looking decent for me to score something and make some gains in the BSG(after missing last week). I said DS wouldn't do over 30 and would not come within 70m of TA. Also that TA would drop less than 52%. The one I know I missed is TLAM, I brain farted about Mother's Day.

Variety mistook Friday's drop as the whole weekend.

207*(1-64%)=74.5m

:D

Even the worst predictor here would have not made that mistake. And whoever did probably makes six figures. That's...depressing. :sadno:
  • Like 1

Here is what I can say about today. Yesterday when I got to work at about 4:15, we had sold a total of 351 tickets. We went on to sell close to another 1000 and end and 1334. So far we are at 461 sold today. Now, that does include everything all day, but there aren't many presales for anything after 2. So, I'd say we are on pace for a really good day.

Off a 30 mill Sunday, in my estimation, it will do something like this:Mon: 8.7Tues: 9.5Wed: 7.1Thurs: 6.8400 mill going into next weekendFri: 16.3Sat: 23.44Sun: 16.055.07 weekend...45% drop and a 455 totalMon: (Victoria Day) 5.9Tues: 4.9Wed: 4.15Thurs: 3.5473.5 going into American long weekend 500 is a good bet by Memorial Day.461 heading into

Looking decent for me to score something and make some gains in the BSG(after missing last week). I said DS wouldn't do over 30 and would not come within 70m of TA. Also that TA would drop less than 52%. The one I know I missed is TLAM, I brain farted about Mother's Day.

I'll give your makeup questions on Memorial weekend....mkay?

• Founder / Operator

I think its important to remember that these trades like Variety forecast on the conservative end most of the time on purpose. Not sure if that was the case or not this time, but, its generally frowned up in the industry to high-ball box office forecasts. A publication looks way more ridiculous when they over-shoot all of the time than when they under-estimate most of the time.

Here is what I can say about today. Yesterday when I got to work at about 4:15, we had sold a total of 351 tickets. We went on to sell close to another 1000 and end and 1334.So far we are at 461 sold today. Now, that does include everything all day, but there aren't many presales for anything after 2.So, I'd say we are on pace for a really good day.

Great, thanks for the update. Its only 12 here so we have 4 hours to widen the gap considerably.

I think its important to remember that these trades like Variety forecast on the conservative end most of the time on purpose. Not sure if that was the case or not this time, but, its generally frowned up in the industry to high-ball box office forecasts. A publication looks way more ridiculous when they over-shoot all of the time than when they under-estimate most of the time.

I understand that but Variety had a massive brain fart. Edited by druv10

Okay I'm guessing it will be at 400M by next weekend. When do you guys and girls think it will be?

Off a 30 mill Sunday, in my estimation, it will do something like this:Mon: 8.7Tues: 9.5Wed: 7.1Thurs: 6.8400 mill going into next weekend

Can anyone tell me why the April 27th openers (Pirates!, 5YE and to a lesser extent Safe and the Raven) held worse than Lucky One and Think Like A Man when they were holding better all week? Especially when there's no evidence at least for the Pirates! to suggest why it would hold better on a weekday.

Can anyone tell me why the April 27th openers (Pirates!, 5YE and to a lesser extent Safe and the Raven) held worse than Lucky One and Think Like A Man when they were holding better all week? Especially when there's no evidence at least for the Pirates! to suggest why it would hold better on a weekday.

Very diffrent audiences then Avengers.