CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

lol its hard to say at most TDK is around 1 million tickets ahead...I think TA 3D boost is not that big anymore.Catching TDK ticket sales will require over 640 million total.Nonetheless TA to match up to an all time hit like that is impressive.

640-650m seems like a reasonable finishing point IMO. What an amazing run, regardless of where it ends up from here.

This is why we should have seperate threads. "WEEKEND ESTIMATES" yet NOTHING in post one.Plus, no numbers at all on page 97. Avengers was on page 96 and of course 0 other movies.Plus, so much crap talking in here throughout the weekend.

This is why we should have seperate threads. "WEEKEND ESTIMATES" yet NOTHING in post one.

Plus, no numbers at all on page 97. Avengers was on page 96 and of course 0 other movies.

Plus, so much crap talking in here throughout the weekend.

Agreed. At least update first post so all this other banter can be avoided.
  • Like 1

Mind doing a chart for Days 8, 9, and 10 with TA included?

I'm waiting to hear the IMAX share for this weekend. I've nudged the format shares around in different directions and it all ends up around 11m for the weekend (TDK was about 10.5m)

I think I'd consider the "true" record holder to be the film with the highest adjusted gross in the modern era.I say modern era because I think it's an apples to oranges comparison to anything before that point. Films that didn't compete with cable TV and home video/DVD just shouldn't be considered as being the same. That's not to say that films like Gone With The Wind don't deserve credit (after all, the population was half of what it is today in 1939). I just consider it a separate record.I think that tickets sold is an interesting thing to keep track of, but personally not what I judge films on. Part of it is that it's not something that's actually tracked. Everyone can come up with estimates, but that's all they are: estimates.Ticket prices have increased faster than inflation. I know several friends that almost never go to the theater anymore because of that. Hence why I think the adjusted gross is more important that tickets sold, because it represents how much real value customers were willing to spend to see the movie.But on topic:Amazing to see Avengers hit $1B today, though we'll see if those estimates hold up. I didn't think the overseas would see such a small drop.

• Like 1

You know, most movie are super happy to even hit 100 million on their opening week! In fact, before Spiderman, 100 million OW was something movies could only dream about making. Now, TA is making 100 million in it 2nd weekend ... TA is just soooo amazing. I am lost for words. :)

• Like 2

You know, most movie are super happy to even hit 100 million on their opening week! In fact, before Spiderman, 100 million OW was something movies could only dream about making. Now, TA is making 100 million in it 2nd weekend ... TA is just soooo amazing. I am lost for words. :)

Pretty damn awesome! Breaking records all over the place. Not just breaking them, but shattering them. AVENGERS RULE THE WORLD!

This film passed $350M in 10 days. That beats TDK (14 days).This film should pass $400M in around 15 days. That beats TDK (18 days).This film should pass $450M in around 20 days. That beats TDK (27 days).By the end of Memorial Day weekend, this film should pass $500M (25 days). That beats Avatar (32 days).Does that sound accurate?