Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

If ScreenDaily said $753.5M by Wednesday, that's $9.9M (Mon-Wed). If the other report said it crossed the 13.3 billion yen mark ($11.8M) by Thursday, that's $1.9M from Thursday. mfantin65 says it made $3M on Thursday. Clearly, the data is very confusing and I have no idea what to rely on. Let's just hope whoever reported the biggest number was right.

let's put this to bed once and for all. screen daily is the only one that has reported consistently Wednesday numbers from the studio Thursday. 9.9m, im off by 1%, shoot me.as for thursday. Toho has slightly less than 20% market share. They had 50k admissions x 5.1 x $11= $2.805m + 152k(38k adm x $4 for 3d) = $2.957m. I rounded up because other numbers looked good. Toho was off last weekend because of SA and 3d. At worst its 2.75m. The most accurate up to date info is provided by the members of this thread. The numbers have consistently come in line with official reports on monday and screen daily on thursday. All else is horse shit.12m weekend 27m week. That will be within 5%. Not 25% off. :)
  • Like 1

let's put this to bed once and for all. screen daily is the only one that has reported consistently Wednesday numbers from the studio Thursday. 9.9m, im off by 1%, shoot me.as for thursday. Toho has slightly less than 20% market share. They had 50k admissions x 5.1 x $11= $2.805m + 152k(38k adm x $4 for 3d) = $2.957m. I rounded up because other numbers looked good. Toho was off last weekend because of SA and 3d. At worst its 2.75m. The most accurate up to date info is provided by the members of this thread. The numbers have consistently come in line with official reports on monday and screen daily on thursday. All else is horse shit.12m weekend 27m week. That will be within 5%. Not 25% off. :)

Beautiful numbers. I had 10.8/25.56 as my guesses, but I'm more than happy to be low, although I wasn't all that low. B)

As of Thursday, not Friday. But don't worry, all this confusion will vanish once weekend numbers are in.

Yes, that's what I meant lol. Sorry for that. But I think the actual numbers in yen won't be reported until after GW ends, which is Wednesday. That's too long.

6.5m sunday12m weekend26.9m week145.3m totalNot spirited away or HMC or any other movie has increased 60% during any holiday ever.this will not crash after GW like it didnt after SB. It will hold at least as well as SA plus summer help.Screw it.300m locked. Spirited Away going down in dollars, yen and admissions. All time #1 movie in a foreign country!!!!call me crazy! Fool!

Edited by mfantin65