Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

2 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

F2 needs 1/3 of F1 legs to reach $180M.

F1 legs is not a way to look at this. Even 12x for huge openers is not a norm. 10x is itself out of the world. But let us wait and watch. for Japan we need to wait until 3rd weekend to judge the legs. 2nd weekend will have good hold 15-20%. 3rd weekend needs to be similar to keep pushing for extraordinary run. Plus dont forget it has no holiday push until very late in its run when its screen count will be well below what it has now.

F1 was perfect release and golden week boost and then summer legs.

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

F1 legs is not a way to look at this. Even 12x for huge openers is not a norm. 10x is itself out of the world. But let us wait and watch. for Japan we need to wait until 3rd weekend to judge the legs. 2nd weekend will have good hold 15-20%. 3rd weekend needs to be similar to keep pushing for extraordinary run. Plus dont forget it has no holiday push until very late in its run when its screen count will be well below what it has now.

F1 was perfect release and golden week boost and then summer legs.

Its actually spring break that supported its weekday first then golden week tsunami came on its 8th weekend and 9th week. 

Edited by RJ 95

From Corpse WOKJ :

As I told Keyser, second weekends are typically among the strongest in a films' run, and I don't expect any different for Frozen II. In fact, without any holiday support during its first 5-6 weeks of release, its weekday business will be "average", so it could experience some mighty strong upcoming weekends.

But that said... its actual came in a little lower than I estimated, and... it narrowly missed the Animated Film Opening Weekend Record (by a mere 0.8%), thus missing the Biggest Opening Weekend of the Decade (and since 2007) as well. The first Yo-Kai Watch film will hold onto them.

Actual:

2-Day Opening Weekend: ¥1,616,000,000 ($14.9 million) / 1,210,000 admissions.
3-Day Total: ¥1,939,746,600 ($17.8 million) / 1,452,530 admissions.

It's still an insanely huge opening, obviously, and still set a record for an imported animated film debut and Disney film debut in both revenue and admissions. And it's the biggest opening weekend of the year -- a year with five (probably six when Star Wars IX opens) films opening above ¥1 billion. I believe this is a new record, especially if/when Star Wars becomes the sixth.

Weekend Actuals and Chart Updates will be posted in a couple of hours.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Thanks 3

Date     Day           Est Admission         Gross

22-Nov Friday.           242.430.               $2.97m

23-Nov Saturday.      618.327.               $7.61m

24-Nov Sunday.        591.674.                $7.29m

25-Nov Monday.       154.609.               $1.9m

26-Nov Tuesday.        97.707.                $1.2m

Est. Total so far $20.9m, 1.704m admission

From weekend actual, we get that in Friday last week usual location took around 67% of total admission and Sat-Sun took around 73% of total admission. 

For weekdays I will use 67%. 

Edited by RJ 95
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

Date     Day           Est Admission         Gross

26-Nov Friday.           242.430.               $2.97m

27-Nov Saturday.      618.327.               $7.61m

28-Nov Sunday.        591.674.                $7.29m

29-Nov Monday.       154.609.               $1.9m

30-Nov Tuesday.        97.707.                $1.2m

Est. Total so far $20.9m, 1.704m admission

From weekend actual, we get that in Friday last week usual location took around 67% of total admission and Sat-Sun took around 73% of total admission. 

For weekdays I will use 67%. 

That Tuesday drop from Mon

Panic mode.

• Knock It Off 2

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Curious to see what second weekend looks like. I imagine a massive drop for frozen 2 from the original. Just how massive is the question. Like 50% or more?

Just looking at that original run dear God.

It needs to pull $150M for a chance at $1 billion OS.

People expect it do drop 40% from the first one. (Drop $100M)