Neo

Gods of Egypt | Feb 26, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

Lionsgate REALLY need to do some firing in their Marketing deparment after seeing  that crap.

Of course,looks as though what the film;s production designers gave them to work with was pretty weak to begin with.

I suspect we will see quite a few expensive bombs from Lionsgate in a desperate search for a new franchise now that The Hunger Games will have it last hurrah in a week.

Just now, Telemachos said:

He would've made the scenes he was in marginally more entertaining, but the movie still would've sucked (assuming everything else stayed the same). :P 

I'm sure the accent he produced to play a goofy military raptor trainer would have been worth the price of admission alone.

Dude's the greatest. I'm not even making fun of his accents- sure, they aren't always technically on point, but dude has some of the most memorable voices/delivery in modern movie history. Like, in the Drop, that was NOT a Brooklyn accent- but it was way, way more magnetic than anything else he could have done. Plus, there's always a real sense of danger whenever he's on screen, like he's about to snap and kill everyone in the scene with him. He's the best.

Anyway, I would pay good money to watch Tom Hardy deliver lines like "I'm the alpha male" to a bunch of CGI raptors. 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
29 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Aside from the whitewashing, I don't think those posters are particularly bad.

Apparently Chadwick Boseman's casting is just as controversial. But whatever.

The posters are a bit too bright IMO. They should have made it a more gritty color.

20 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Aside from the whitewashing, I don't think those posters are particularly bad.

I agree.  They look... actually kinda awesome to me.  Not, like, high quality film making, but "What if the 80's Flash Gordon was set in Ancient Egypt?" is a question I never knew I wanted to know the answer to.

Edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
  • Like 1

First of all hello to everyone, i am new here. :)

I don't know why i choose my first comment to be for this movie, when everyone has it a sure flop because of the casting (I don't know much about American box office) , but after i read some posts from people who watched this on an early screening one day before the posters release, i got silghty interested and i thought it could be information for a forum like this one that does box office predictions..

Spoiler

There are parts in the film where the god characters morph into their god selves from their human forms.  If you see in the posters of Set and Horus their "god self" is pictured behind them.  Their god selves do feature a sort of mechanical animal head, and their whole bodies form into this.

The action and visual effects are the best part of the film. There are some really nice setpieces  and while the special effects were not nearly finished when they saw it, they look like they will be pretty flashy and cool when finished.(the worm/snake fight will be the one everyone remembers the most and is pretty epic)

The weakest part is the plot , Gerard Butler as Set is pretty much your generic bad guy, wants all the power, to rule Egypt, the main hero is the thief Bek who is something like Aladdin and wants to save his love, and his co-hero is Horus (Coster-Waldau), Geoffrey Rush (Ra) for the mayority of the movie sits in the sky dragging the sun around and helps only in the last part.  It is something like Pirates of the caribbean type of movie it has few drama and it tries to be comical sometimes.. It works best when it plays as a fun, adventure spectacle, but unfortunately it often tries to be more than that.  

When it comes to acting.. the actor who gets the most hate for being casted (Nikolaj Coster Waldau) is actually the one with the most solid performance followed by Bek (Brenton Thwaites) , those two have a lot of scenes together and it's fun to watch them. Zaya (Courtney Eaton) , Bek's love interest is also good. One of the posters said that Thoth (Chadwick Boseman) gives the worst performance of his career to date. So hard to watch.

The one they watched was an over 2 hours long movie....

As an overal impression.... one called it "All style (and not particularly good style) and zero substance, not a good movie" ( this is the one who said that the action and visual effects are the best part of the film though ) and one other called it " Great movie, thats all i can say "

Nothing of the above is my opinion...i guess i will have to wait till it comes to my country to have one:P

It's the posters who seemed so flashy and the rage against it made me search about the movie...so i guess they had their job done... they gained some attention....:lol:

Edited by Hermia
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hermia said:

First of all hello to everyone, i am new here. :)

I don't know why i choose my first comment to be for this movie, when everyone has it a sure flop because of the casting (I don't know much about American box office) , but after i read some posts from people who watched this on an early screening one day before the posters release, i got silghty interested and i thought it could be information for a forum like this one that does box office predictions..

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing of the above is my opinion...i guess i will have to wait till it comes to my country to have one:P

It's the posters who seemed so flashy and the rage against it made me search about the movie...so i guess they had their job done... they gained some attention....:lol:

Welcome to the Forums Hermia!

• Like 1