Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

I think Guardians may be out. Freaking Madagascar got better reviews. Who would've seen that coming?Final predicts:BraveFrankenweenieParaNormanThe Pirates! Band of MisfitsWreck-It RalphThe indies don't seem very strong this year, and I'm thinking if Ponyo couldn't get in in 2009, it'll be a tough task for Up on Poppy Hill with a worse reception and less prominent.distributor.

Edited by tribefan695

The 21 submitted features, listed in alphabetical order by title, are: "Adventures in Zambezia" "Brave" "Delhi Safari" "Dr. Seuss' The Lorax" "Frankenweenie" "From Up on Poppy Hill" "Hey Krishna" "Hotel Transylvania" "Ice Age Continental Drift" "A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman" "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" "The Mystical Laws" "The Painting" "ParaNorman" "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" "The Rabbi's Cat" "Rise of the Guardians" "Secret of the Wings" "Walter & Tandoori's Christmas" "Wreck-It Ralph" "Zarafa"

Isn't it Arietty eligible for this year and Poppy Hill next year?

Arietty did not get submitted

With Guardians disappointing, the race will definitely be between Ralph and Frankenweenie. Both Tim Burton and Disney Animation have never won Oscars, and they both seem like great movies to award them with. It'll be close, though I'll be rooting for Ralph.

With Guardians disappointing, the race will definitely be between Ralph and Frankenweenie. Both Tim Burton and Disney Animation have never won Oscars, and they both seem like great movies to award them with. It'll be close, though I'll be rooting for Ralph.

Ralph's the only Hollywood animation I loved as didn't think was dreadful this year. So I definitely want it to win, however I do really want see Tim Burton win an Oscar if only for the speech he'll give. Or they could give it to an indie for once this year.
  • Like 1