Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

I think Frankenweenie is more to the Academy's tastes. Plus Disney will probably push the 'Burton is overdue' factor, it's almost certainly his only real shot at a win.

Posted Image

Also, the only people who think Frankenweenie will win are Burton fanboys.

To me, it was the stop-motion equivalent of Hotel Transylvania ;)

I'm not sure what the frontrunner is anymore. ParaNorman is winning the most critic awards but I've been led to believe that Frankenweenie has won the most significant ones.Has anyone else noticed that the official Disney twitter is quick to point out any award Frankenweenie is nominated for or wins but there's not a single peep for Brave or WIR?

Edited by ddddeeee

Yeah. I'm fans of WiR and Frankenweenie on Facebook. Frankenweenie has made a ton of posts about awards won, but I've seen nothing for Wreck-It Ralph.I bet HT got nominated over ParaNorman mainly for the chance to see Adam Sandler and Selena Gomez at the globes above much else.

It's handily the frontrunner right now, so that's not true at all. ParaNorman was gaining steam for a while there but the Globe miss has set it back a bit.

Bitch please. Golden globes only predict the winner of each award about 40% of the time. So even if Frankenweenie is doing well with the Golden Globes, it still has a long shot from winning the Oscar.Either WIR or Brave is the frontrunner. Both are crowd-pleaders (less so the former) that made over $150M. Frankenweenie was a flop that made only $30M in its run.Academy voters usually go for the crowd-pleaser when voting for Best Animated Feature. So by that logic, Frankenweenie could get nominated, but it has virtually no chance of winning.

Brave's not winning. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up not getting nominated. A lot of what wins this Oscar are animated features that transcend age. It can be in many different ways; Shrek had its vulgar jokes, and Up had nostalgia. But, that is something Brave lacks. It doesn't connect with the adults the same way Wall-E, Shrek, or Nemo can. I am still however predicting a nomination because what they've done with the animation of Brave is take something that's been around for a long time and taken it to the next level. It's something that a lot of branch animators can understand, respect, and as a result vote for even though the Academy doesn't give 2 shits about the technical aspects of an animated feature.

PREDICTIONS:BraveFrankenweenieParaNormanRise Of The GuardiansWreck-It RalphThe indies this year look really weak, so no indies this year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Le Tableau (Which is gorgeous, and amazing) or the Miyizaki film nominated here.

Brave was one of the most disappointing movies of the year, and will probably end up on my ballot for the awards here under Worst Picture. I sure hope it isn't the frontrunner.

It's not. It doesn't connect with adults, or I could just be talking to an outlier group of people. :lol:
  • Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised to see Le Tableau (Which is gorgeous, and amazing) or the Miyizaki film nominated here.

And adding onto this, the nominees are determined by the animators branch and as a result quality of the film isn't always a prerequisite. Animators still hold a certain high respect for traditionally animated films, which gives indies a distinct advantage over the all CGI Hollywood. The converse also goes for Mo-Cap. Animators don't believe that Mocap is real animation and as a result don't respect it as an animated film which is why Tintin didn't get nominated.